• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 107" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
My brother and i have five of the dle 170's on the dle cans and headers. They run really good. We always change the carbs to walbro and ignitions to rcexl.

Any comparison between by the DLE stock mufflers and the DLE cans and headers? Why the ignition swap? And, with swapping both the ignition and the carb you are losing a lot of the savings, no?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
DLE has / is having a known ignition problem. My 170 all the sudden started kicking back, both my 120's have as well. Mostly hall sensor related issues though is what seems to be fixing them.

yakken

100cc
Any comparison between by the DLE stock mufflers and the DLE cans and headers? Why the ignition swap? And, with swapping both the ignition and the carb you are losing a lot of the savings, no?
Its only about $150 for both. I havent checked myself but they say you gain 400 rpm on the dle cans. The reason we run them is the sound though.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I should add on the ignition, if you are going to switch out a DLE ignition (made my RCXL) you are only possibly getting a different timing curve since most of the new DLE ignitions are labeled for specific engines. I would strongly suggest calling these guy's for a replacement ignition and if you have questions give them a call. Extremely knowledgeable: http://www.rcextremepower.net/

Joe Hunt

150cc
DLE has / is having a known ignition problem. My 170 all the sudden started kicking back, both my 120's have as well. Mostly hall sensor related issues though is what seems to be fixing them.

So just replace the sensor? Or you have to replace the ignition, too?

Joe Hunt

150cc
Its only about $150 for both. I havent checked myself but they say you gain 400 rpm on the dle cans. The reason we run them is the sound though.

I noticed they were really inexpensive. I'm not worried about gaining rpms, I just don't want to lose any rpms, if possible. :) I would be running them for sound, too.