• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 50% Sbach, flight #2 caught on Video.

It is definitely a twin, I just saw the video. When Terry was flipping it, the prop spun over 180 after TDC. In a quad, it will rotate under 180, as the next pistons fire at a different time.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
After hearing it run I was sure it was a 3W275 I know a few guys that have the 3W275's they are a monster One of my best friends in Worland Wyo. has a 3W275 in a big biplane The Sbach is a lot smaller then most other planes in the same sizes. the 40% looks smaller then most in the same class. anyhoo NICE

I believe the motor is a 3W 275, twin, with 2 spark plugs per cylinder. When looking inside the fuselage, you can see the carb coming out thru the firewall. That means it is not a quad, but a twin 3W motor. But, i could be wrong. I sent him a message, as soon as he tells me, I will let you all know.
Rear intake, twin spark. The twin spark makes the engine a bit more reliable.

The 275 is a beast of an engine. Just watching him flip the prop, told me it was a twin. Then the sound with cans. Knew instantly, it was a Dub.