• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 50% Sbach, flight #2 caught on Video.

One of our areas nicest and most enthusiastic airplane hobby fanatic is Gary Moxley. He lives in East Texas, and he has over 100 airplanes!!!
If anyone has met him, you will all know what a gentleman he is, always willing to help others and he has contributed immensely to the promotion of our hobby.

HE is now going thru some tough times, and informed us all that he would be flying his 50% Sbach at our club, so we all went out on Monday and spent the day with him. It was like a mini-huckfest, in his honor.

He had flown this bad boy 4 weeks ago, but the flight did not go well, as one servo locked on him several minutes into the flight, and he lost one side of his airplane's control, luckily, the airplane was divided in 2 with two receivers. He was able to land her and only damage was a broken prop and landing gear.

Since then, he has replaced the landing gear and prop, and yesterday was the big day!!

Well, see for yourself.....

IMG_8926.JPG
IMG_8927.JPG

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Doesn't seem like 50%. Big plane for sure but the old brain has a hard time thinking that is a 50%er.

I believe the motor is a 3W 275, twin, with 2 spark plugs per cylinder. When looking inside the fuselage, you can see the carb coming out thru the firewall. That means it is not a quad, but a twin 3W motor. But, i could be wrong. I sent him a message, as soon as he tells me, I will let you all know.