• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I got my hatches roughed out today. Time for some finish work before my Monocote gets here. Not too tough to do and much stronger than the original.
DSCN1251.JPG DSCN1250.JPG

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Well other than the other issues stated previously. I think It's a great airframe for IMAC Basic. I don't know about the upper classes where you need the power for multiple snaps on long up-lines. I wanted a 70 but at the time they were sold out. I decided since the plane was designed around the DA50, and, they were in stock I decided to go that route. If I want more power I could always put a 70 on later. I have no regrets so far. It sure flies light and is very forgiving. Just land softly or prepare for some unplanned modifications!

thanks for the quick reply..... I'm flying the H9 Sukhoi/da170 in Intermediate and it flies beautifully... but..... it's a PITA to hookup the trailer and load up the plane/wings/etc every time I want to go practice. And if I leave the trailer one night in my driveway, my loving neighbors are quick to call the HOA!

Yup greasing the landings on any airframe is gonna save you time at the work bench! Two piece landing gear I find especially sensitive too!

rmyers

70cc twin V2
The PAU Sukhoi is large for the 50cc category. I haven't tried to put it in my suburban yet. I use a trailer. Heck I don't even take the planes out except for maintenance. In fact a club buddy has the H9 Sukhoi and side by side they don't look that much different in size. I'll try to get a photo of both after our March gale winds subside.