• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I flew the SU-26 again today. Felt so comfortable I actually flew the 2015 Basic sequence once! Decided that was enough so I set up an approach to land and let the engine cool off. I managed a bounce from about 2 feet up and the right landing gear tore out. The plywood plate just disintegrated. I'm starting a repair. Tom before I get real dirty can you offer any insight about how you would go about this? And, any insight about reinforcing the landing gear mount?

Tseres

150cc
I actually tore my Gear out from about 5 feet up in front of Herve and Gaby. Talk about embarrassing. All gabby said was . You need to keep your speed up on landing. I also broke the gear so I guess I hit harder then you.

I pieced the broken ply together in the the fuse as close to original as possible. First I cut access holes in the sheeting to get to it and later made a hatch over the gears. Since I don't use the tunnel I put a 1/4 in ply cap over the broken ply all the way across to the other side. (1 piece.) Then I put 1/8 light ply caps on the front and the back side of the channel that I cut. In effect I had a U beam facing down on the bottom of the plane. Then I sheeted it and made 2 hatches on each side so I can get at it easier in the future. You never know when I'll stall it again. LOL.

Attachments

• DSC_0186.JPG
    DSC_0186.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0187.JPG
    DSC_0187.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0189.JPG
    DSC_0189.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0190.JPG
    DSC_0190.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0191.JPG
    DSC_0191.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 251

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I actually tore my Gear out from about 5 feet up in front of Herve and Gaby. Talk about embarrassing. All gabby said was . You need to keep your speed up on landing. I also broke the gear so I guess I hit harder then you.

I pieced the broken ply together in the the fuse as close to original as possible. First I cut access holes in the sheeting to get to it and later made a hatch over the gears. Since I don't use the tunnel I put a 1/4 in ply cap over the broken ply all the way across to the other side. (1 piece.) Then I put 1/8 light ply caps on the front and the back side of the channel that I cut. In effect I had a U beam facing down on the bottom of the plane. Then I sheeted it and made 2 hatches on each side so I can get at it easier in the future. You never know when I'll stall it again. LOL.

Thanks! I like the idea. I've been sitting here all afternoon scratching my head how to make this stronger. It looked weak to me during my initial assembly. :fist_pump:I was thinking a lamination of carbon fiber as well. It's just kind of hard hard to get into the top of the gear plate. I'm not worried about a little more weight.