• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
The assembly manual says 6.5" for IMAC. I fly in Basic. I'll spend some more time measuring tomorrow. And I've still got a spinner to install. I've got a headache from trying to remember how to program my radio at the moment. Close but not done yet.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I definitely need to move the COG 1 inch forward. Still need to cut a spinner and I haven't baffled the cowl yet. Any other ideas?

sweetpea

100cc
I have smoke...so I had more gear I could put forward. At worst, you just add spacers on motor to move it forward.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I have smoke...so I had more gear I could put forward. At worst, you just add spacers on motor to move it forward.

I just put it back up on the balancer and really leveled it. After waiting for the plumb bob to settle down it looks a little better. Right in the middle of the wing tube. Perhaps it was late and I was a little tired yesterday. I'm going to go ahead and get spinner done and the baffle installed. Then I'll have another look at the COG.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Oops

Attachments

• DSCN1219.JPG
    DSCN1219.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 196

rmyers

70cc twin V2
:happy: I was able to take my Sukhoi out to the field today. One of our unlimited pilots did a pre-flight inspection and passed it with few minor tweaks recommended. It's nice to have another pair of eyes look over my assembly. After about 5 flips with the choke on she popped and a few more with the choke off and she runs! That DA50 is one sweet engine! Maiden tomorrow.