• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Oil debate

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I get it at a small FBO (7B3), it is labeled "MOGAS". BTW, Rob Holland's wife is a flight instructor there, look up the flight school and see Jessica Holland. Look at the lower left side of their web page for the gas prices, $4.95/gallon for 93 octane, no alcohol.
http://www.hamptonairfield.com/

Robotech

70cc twin V2
And I don't know of the stihl oil has conditioners/additives that aid with the "ethanol" issue. To be honest, I've never had an issue. I do run viton line inside my fuel tank and tygon everywhere else.
It does have a fuel stabilizing additive. I've run it exclusively in all my gassers and when ever I get a chance to peek in the exhaust ports, everything looks shiny and new. I use Viton on my clunk line. Everywhere else I use a metal tube and then about an inch of the Chinese fuel tubing to go from the metal tube to the fuel connectors on the tank or carb. The Chinese tubing seems to hold up much better than the real Tygon. I guess I'm running 50:1 on the ratio. I'm not real bright so it's handy just getting 2 gallons of premium gas and dumping in a whole bottle of oil.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I like the Stihl because of the presized bottle. Nice and simple.
So is redline, one bottle = 5 gallons, ready to rock.

Also on that note, the engine that ran stihl but wasn't rebuilt when I switched, is still blowing all kinds of junk out of the exhaust since the switch to redline....

I experienced this same thing when I switched, loved the Stihl, engines loved it as well but it does build up a little carbon on the heads and in the mufflers. After going to Redline it belched out the blackest goo for quite a while.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So is redline, one bottle = 5 gallons, ready to rock.

I experienced this same thing when I switched, loved the Stihl, engines loved it as well but it does build up a little carbon on the heads and in the mufflers. After going to Redline it belched out the blackest goo for quite a while.

5 gallons? I might burn 2 -3 gallons a year. I need the 1 gallon mix bottles. Kids will be gone soon, then I will burn 5 gallons a day.