• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

number of flips...

njswede

150cc
DLE 120: 2-3 flips with choke until pop, then 1-2 flips until start.
DA-50: 5 flips until pop. 3-4 flips until start.
PTE-36: Depends on what mood it's in. :) Usually starts in less than 10 flips, including choked flips.

DA 170 x 2 = choke on, flip 5 times, then pop, then flip 3 to 5 times, and she is off!

Da 200 = choke on, flip 3 times (no pop), flip 4 to 5 times, then she cranks on. It was tricky to figure this out. I was over-flipping it, thinking i would hear it pop. Turns out, less is better.

bbblue

30cc
DLE55: Choke on. 5-6 flips until it primes.
Choke off. 5-6 flips to start. Never run dry at the end of session and occasionaly ground run once a month when at off season.
Always left some fuel in tank to keep fuel magnet and viton line soft when stored.

Same procedure everytime, running flawlessly now on its 5th year. Highly recommended.

emtp275

100cc
I found way to get it started after is sits for a while without your arm falling off, get a bubble syringe to put in your tool kit. If it has set for a while and you know it's gonna take forever, squirt a little fuel in the carb with the syringe. When it pops and burns the prime up it will draw fuel faster than flipping by hand... Saves your arm too ;)

Had a rebuilt 55 giving us some trouble today, It hadn't been run in 4 or 5 months..(damn winter) but learned a trick from an old timer, as long as is has stock exhaust you can flip the plane over shoot some fuel in the pipe and turn the prop before flipping it back over and it will fire in a flip or two, This really helps pull the fuel up. Just a side note to your suggestion sense you cant really squirt fuel in a rear carb that easy

Bipeguy03

150cc
Had a rebuilt 55 giving us some trouble today, It hadn't been run in 4 or 5 months..(damn winter) but learned a trick from an old timer, as long as is has stock exhaust you can flip the plane over shoot some fuel in the pipe and turn the prop before flipping it back over and it will fire in a flip or two, This really helps pull the fuel up. Just a side note to your suggestion sense you cant really squirt fuel in a rear carb that easy
Nice Tip!! My 55 has a Bisson Pitts muffler on it so prolly wouldn't work with mine, but mine has the opposite problem. It floods really really easy! lol

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"

I think the last time this engine was started was Sept. of last year. The fellas noticed some clanking in it, so I pulled engine off, sent it in, and she came back with a total rebuild. She just wouldn't pop off yesterday, I wanted to load her up, and work on her at the house, not at the field, but I had 2 yes that's right 2 Pit Bitches that wouldn't give up. Thank you @emtp275 and @mulehead1969, we messed with it, and finally got her to running. I think carb had gummed up form setting so long. I didn't run her dry when I parked her, and as I was pulling wing off, I got that bad gas smell.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think the last time this engine was started was Sept. of last year. The fellas noticed some clanking in it, so I pulled engine off, sent it in, and she came back with a total rebuild. She just wouldn't pop off yesterday, I wanted to load her up, and work on her at the house, not at the field, but I had 2 yes that's right 2 Pit Bitches that wouldn't give up. Thank you @emtp275 and @mulehead1969, we messed with it, and finally got her to running. I think carb had gummed up form setting so long. I didn't run her dry when I parked her, and as I was pulling wing off, I got that bad gas smell.

Man, what is it with you? First ya gots two, yes two hunnies from Hooters, one on each arm, (and on a Monday to boot) and now you gots two pit bitches that won't give up. I can't even keep my one and only pit bitch around. Guess @49dimes found someone with prettier planes huh?

Just makes a guy wanna cut a MF.:spongebob: