• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New QQ Extra 300

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I was able to fly it tonight and it flies very nice. The 3 preprogrammed flight modes are 1. Low rates with no stabilization 2. Low rates with stabilization 3. 3D rates with stabilization I think I will set up a mode with 3D rates and no stabilization.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
There were a couple little quirks during assembly that I thought I should mention. I didn't get screws to hold the cowl on. The tailwheel wire was a little long so it didn't fit flush in the slot so the cover wouldn't go on correctly until I trimmed the wire. The only other quirk was the wing tube rings being to tight. Just a couple tiny things, but thought I would mention them.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I wasn't at my flying field, but I think flying field grass will be good. I hand launched and harrier landed behind my house. Grass is pretty long back there.

jon595

50cc
So after a month what is opinion of this plane. Need a replacement foamy and have been looking at this.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Awesome. I took it to a fun fly this past Saturday and passed it around. People loved it. I wouldn''t be surprised if 3 or 4 of them ordered one already.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I was able to get some more flights on this one and it is a blast. Very fun.
image004.jpg
image009.jpg
image014.jpg
image015.jpg
image020.jpg

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Nice pics.
I have a red one also.
The plane is top notch, and the Aura is amazing.
I wish it were around sooner.
I ordered a bunch before the price goes up.
I'd pay more.
It's the best thing that's happened to my flying in a long time.
I now have seven of them.

Awesome product!

Happy Holidays
Bob

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Eric,
Forgot to ask.
Have you updated your firmware?
I'm guessing you did, but I would be remiss if I didn't ask.

The prices on the plane and the Auras has to go up soon.
That's another reason I got a boatload now.

One other thing,
The QQ Extra is sooooo much better, and MILES ahead of the Visionaire.
I've had both now, and if you have or had a Visionaire and like it, the Extra will amaze you.

Take care
Bob