• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New QQ Extra 300

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I thought it would be interesting to try out this plane. It showed up yesterday while I was at a Fly In, so when I got home I promptly opened and inspected. I ordered the plane and 2 batteries from them.

flying 8-1-15 113.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
They claim about 20 minutes from the box to air, and they were correct. This thing is super simple to assemble. The stabs and wings slide on a tube and into place. The wings have a screw in each one to hold them in place, while the stabs have tape that holds them in place.

flying 8-1-15 117.JPG
flying 8-1-15 115.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The wings have a ring at the root and about 1/2 way down that the wingtube goes into. They were very tight. A little sanding of the inside of these rings goes a long way. The rings in the fuse were the same way and before I sanded them, I dislodged 1 trying to get the tube in. Just be careful and you will be fine.

flying 8-1-15 118.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The wings just plug into the Aura 8. I am just using a DSMX remote on mine.

QQ Extra 300 002.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Landing gear and tail wheel are super simple. Both are bent wires that just push into plastic inserts with a plastic cover that is screwed in to hold them in place.

QQ Extra 300 003.JPG
QQ Extra 300 004.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Binding was super easy. Just insert my bind plug into S8 on the Aura, and bind it up. The Aura 8 knows what radio you are using and adjusts accordingly, so no servo reverse or anything is needed on the radio, that is all taken care of.

I've been looking for something new to keep in my car for lunch break 3d practice. It'll either be this or the new Twisted Hobbies Big Beaver.

Let's us know what you think of the flight performance of the QQ Extra!