• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New products @ Tail Dragger Rc

Also, most need to remember, that when LiPo first came about, we didnt have super smart chargers with built in balancing.  Most used things called "blinkys" to balance packs.  Which really sucked, as it took forever in a year to do a pack.  And if you were one that got a smart charger, you probably paid what I paid for my new 406 Duo iCharger

The packs I built for the company I worked for, we just used pins.  They were identical to what you see on servo ends.  Looking back, it was a huge PITA.  But, this is what he wanted, and I think I still have burn marks on my finders from those pins.....

That'll be my replacement once my SonicTronics pump bites the bullet.  Shame I gotta drop from 3S Lipo to 2S Life..... 
icon_sad.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ohio.AV8TOR said
Not a new product from Taildragger but after my fuel pump died I replaced mine with this one and it really works great. 
I bought two hand crank units at the beginning of last year. So far they are holding up pretty good. I expect come spring, there is gonna be a big change to my gas can. I'm older now, let the batteries do the crankin' 'stead of my arm. LOL

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer said
Ohio.AV8TOR said
Not a new product from Taildragger but after my fuel pump died I replaced mine with this one and it really works great. 

I bought two hand crank units at the beginning of last year. So far they are holding up pretty good. I expect come spring, there is gonna be a big change to my gas can. I'm older now, let the batteries do the crankin' 'stead of my arm. LOL
Same here...I have a 1500cc tank in my Yak and it takes a while to fill her up...I'm also seriously considering one of those electric pumps

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys.. Sorry not a report back here in a while. Super busy but there are several things in the skunkworks.

the harness's are delayed a little as I had some more changes done. But the end product will be worth the wait. 

As a side note we are offering castle creations esc's soon as well as a lipo line.

we also have some cool stuff in the works. Working a deal on some made in USA cockpit dash mounts and hand made pilots. Got so e protos to check out soon..

there I said it:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq said
stangflyer said
Ohio.AV8TOR said

Same here...I have a 1500cc tank in my Yak and it takes a while to fill her up...I'm also seriously considering one of those electric pumps
That's what I am using in both the 260 and the  new Sukhoi. Not so bad when you are filling a  24 ounce tank, but dang anything bigger and I grow another year older filling them up...... LOL.... 

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
stangflyer said
That's what I am using in both the 260 and the  new Sukhoi. Not so bad when you are filling a  24 ounce tank, but dang anything bigger and I grow another year older filling them up...... LOL.... 
Get two and stay young.  

Mikeq

150cc
Ohio.AV8TOR said
I looked at the Chad's website and it said that a mounting bracket was included. Are you able to mount your switch and battery on that bracket or do you plug the battery in when you are filling?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Mikeq said
Ohio.AV8TOR said

I looked at the Chad's website and it said that a mounting bracket was included. Are you able to mount your switch and battery on that bracket or do you plug the battery in when you are filling?
The switch is built right into the pump and the bracket is just big enough for the pump.  I had a bracket that I made that hangs on my can from a cutout under the fill cap.  It is screwed to that and my battery is velcro'd to that bracket.  I will post a picture later.