• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New products @ Tail Dragger Rc

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Neat stuff!!!
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Hi guys. So sorry for the late reply.. They are in production and should be here by the last week of october..

We have made the balance charge harness side a little longer. The battery side is 18" with 2-2s balance taps. Also the charge harness side is wrapped in snakeskin braiding. will let you guys guy as soon as they are ready.

Mikeq

150cc
Sub'd...it'll be nice to balance charge without taking the batteries out...that's been a big complaint having to remove batteries to charge and now it will soon be a thing of the past...

I'm not concerned at all.  I do it all the time.  I just don't go pushing all the amperage the packs can handle.  Of course, I've been goofing with LiPo for the past 13 years.  Knock on wood, never had an issue or problem.  I know what the risks are, and wouldn't hold anyone/thing but myself responsible.  Balance charge your packs each charge, never over discharge them, and never shove more amperage into the pack that it can be safely recharged at.

We checked the prototype in my 108" Corvus yesterday, the 18" length balance wiring that Chad is having mated to the MPX plugs is perfect (within reason) for about any battery location. 
icon_smile.gif

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Bunky.F.Knuckle said
I'm not concerned at all.  I do it all the time.  I just don't go pushing all the amperage the packs can handle.  Of course, I've been goofing with LiPo for the past 13 years.  Knock on wood, never had an issue or problem.  I know what the risks are, and wouldn't hold anyone/thing but myself responsible.  Balance charge your packs each charge, never over discharge them, and never shove more amperage into the pack that it can be safely recharged at.

I would add to use a good quality charger.  I do use a Power Labs 8 and always balance charge.  I have been thinking about it.  Thanks. 

Mikeq

150cc
Ohio.AV8TOR said
Am I the only one concerned about charging a Lipo inside of your plane?  This is sure tempting though. 
Actually my batteries are Li-ions but like Bunky stated I never over discharge and balance charge all my lithium batteries. With lipos I certainly would not charge them unattended especially if left in the plane..personally I believe many of these lipo fires reported have or can be attributed to human error.

Well, we had a LiPo fire at the heli fly in that I attended a few weeks back.  Not knowing multiple things.....  I would hate to lay sole blame on the user.  As I would believe that 99% of the heli pilots that are flying electric are consciensous guys with batteries.

And yes, having a "good" charger is always key to longevity of your batteries.  I'm a fan of the iCharger.  With just having picked up a iCharger 406 Duo, so that I could do multiple multiple packs.

Basically, the idea behind the balance adapter is just that, to check the balance of your packs.  Once I get mine, I don't intend to balance charge thru the adapters.  I still have to get inside the airplane to disconnect the packs from the Rx

Of course, I should add this disclaimer.....  You need to do what you feel is best for charging LiPo packs.  Don't do what I do as gospel that this is the right way to do things.  Everyone has their way of doing things, but if someone has a better idea/suggestion than what I'm doing, then by all means, take both or multiple suggestions, and frankenstein it into your own. 
icon_smile.gif

Mikeq

150cc
I have lipos for my foamy planes and of coarse I charge them in a lipo bag but I use to run lipos in my PAU Extra 540 and it was a pain in the ass to have to remove them every time I charged.  I think a lot of the reported lipo fires were from using the wrong charge setting...damaged batteries or charging with too many amps. If you use a charger that didn't cost much more than the batteries then you're asking for trouble. IMO