• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New products @ Tail Dragger Rc

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Im headed down to visit Chad in 2 weeks. Planning on getting loads of pics and such of all the new stuff he has been working on. Gonna be a fun time! Plus, Im taking some of my stuff down too to fly.
Don't suppose I can talk you into swinging by to pick me up huh? I mean, I would really not take up much room. And I could actually clean your planes for you while you drive. LOL.....

Have lots of fun Chris. Fly your heart out. But above all else....be safe.

Finally able to get my grubby little mitts on one of those new BlueBird servos, the Mack daddy monster 50B. There is a little story behind this, but needless to say, I finally got one.

I'm the only one on the team trying these out. But, also realize that we want get anymore servos in until June. And I also realize that 1 or 2 members of the team have servo sponsors as well. We have a gang of the 28A or the 2109 servos in house, whichever servo has 380oz at .08 speed.

By now, everyone or most everyone has seen these servos. So, no need to talk about it, but pix of the innards helps in selling them too. Helical cut gears, yep, I'll take that! So, I'll snap a pic or 2 of the innards.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That's really cool Chris. Are the Bluebird servos fully programmable? As in, ability to set EPA, travel volume, speed? I love the Hitec servos for this reason. I would love to get my hands on some servos like the Bluebirds to give them a try. Not being sponsored by any company, I am able to test anything without offending someone.

In due time. Occasionally, the BB will oscilate like the 7950/55 series. Usually comes from the deadband being too tight. You dont see that in the air. A light touch while on the ground, and it quits. The full alloy case is a seller for me. No more having to replace servo top caps every 2 years for wear.

I want a servo that gives me what I want. If the 50B servo does it for me, then I will see plenty more of these in my future. The I'll test out the 42A.

There has been much success overseas and up in Canada with these servos. These are probably the most popular servo on Asian land.

If/When BlueBird goes the programmable, I may try them with the programmer. But as far as programability, I do it all on my XG11. For the most part, I leave all my ATVs at 100%, servo speed is normal, travel volume is 150% (which is max limit). Plus, my XG 11 has balance mode. I can balance up to 4 servos on the ailerons, dual rudder servos and dual elevator servos. With the amount of power these servos are putting out now a days, no reason to put more than 2 on each surface, unless you have a flex issue. But I check that out long before I fly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The six 50B's I have are still in the box but will be putting 5 of them in my 330sc. The 3114's have been awesome but like Chris said the caps get loose. The same with the 2209's in my Edge.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's really cool Chris. Are the Bluebird servos fully programmable? As in, ability to set EPA, travel volume, speed? I love the Hitec servos for this reason. I would love to get my hands on some servos like the Bluebirds to give them a try. Not being sponsored by any company, I am able to test anything without offending someone.

Blue Bird offers programmable servos with the KW series...
BG-0927WV.png