• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Hey Rick, glad to have you here! Great choice of plane with the Vyper...great combo plane...pattern and 3D...I've got a 65 Vyper myself and the 65 Vyper thread should be on your favorites list...which motor did you decide on?

I went with the suggested Hacker A50. One thing I have learned already is there are a lot of choices. The big box arrived today. I'll get started on it later this week. I'll also subscribed to the 65 Vyper thread.

Rick

hello all

hi all,

i am dan from ireland,i'm a builder who runs my own buisness here, 34 years old,i have been in to rc stuff as far back as i can remember,i live here up on a very high location hill top residence with my 8year old son and wife nicola,me and nicola always go out together and record footage and i make my own videos,i got back in to the flying after a 10year break,to be honest back that time i never flew much and the technology nowadays has changed so so much... the planes are just better able to handle the air and the quality and availability of cheaper-durable models now really have changed this hobby,especially IMO the electric section of it.
in my 10year break i was playing around with 5th scale stuff offroad models,i then started racing onroad models and after a year racing became a factory sponcered driver here in ireland after winning a lot of races and generally showing good results,reason to mention that was i guess in my RC world,that was my best achievment,last race i was in had 24 cars from all ireland and uk and i came 3rd,so that's how it went for me,so i still have my cars and still race but to be honest my heart lies in 3D flight stuff,not sure how much more racing i am going to do,i didn't do any for 2013....ahh it was ok but i hated the time consuming side of it,i spent a lot of time away from my family and stuck in my rc room stripping and rebuilding the cars..... got a little sick of it.

anyway,the flying, am passionate about it,for my birthday last may i got the visionaire and just loved it,the build,the plane,wow things sure have changed with rc planes.....i just got back in to the flying last christmas but already had 6 planes built up in the rc room from warbirds to EDF'S.....,when i got the visionaire and started learning some 3D (my rc world changed,i saw new possibilities) i spent this summer practicing on it and if i'm honest it was the windest summer i have seen,so i have not flown it a whole lot but yeah i'm in to it and love it so you will probably see some updates from me here on my flying,i found this forum by chance,i don't know anyone here,so hello all and see you on the forums.
is this a uk based forum?

all the best
Dan

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
hello all

hi all,

i am dan from ireland,i'm a builder who runs my own buisness here, 34 years old,i have been in to rc stuff as far back as i can remember,i live here up on a very high location hill top residence with my 8year old son and wife nicola,me and nicola always go out together and record footage and i make my own videos,i got back in to the flying after a 10year break,to be honest back that time i never flew much and the technology nowadays has changed so so much... the planes are just better able to handle the air and the quality and availability of cheaper-durable models now really have changed this hobby,especially IMO the electric section of it.
in my 10year break i was playing around with 5th scale stuff offroad models,i then started racing onroad models and after a year racing became a factory sponcered driver here in ireland after winning a lot of races and generally showing good results,last race i was in had 24 cars from all ireland and uk and i came 3rd,so that's how it went for me,so i still have my cars and still race but to be honest my heart lies in 3D flight stuff,i am passionate about it,ahh it was ok but i hated the time consuming side of it,i spent a lot of time away from my family and stuck in my rc room stripping and rebuilding the cars..... got a little sick of it,for my birthday last may i got back in to flying last christmas,but for my birthday may this year i got a parkzone visionaire from nicola and loved it,(my rc world changed,i saw new possibilities) i spent this summer practicing on it and if i'm honest it was the windest summer i have seen,so i have not flown it a whole lot but yeah i'm in to it and love it so you will probably see some updates from me here on my flying,i found this forum by chance,i don't know anyone here,so hello all and see you on the forums.
is this a uk based forum?

all the best
Dan

:)

Welcome Dan, happy to have you here with us! This is the right place for a 3D fan :D

We are a US based forum, but have members in the UK, Australia, pretty much all over the globe!

SnowDog

Welcome Dan...glad to have you here. Learning to fly when the winds are strong will give you many more opportunities to fly...and flying 3D in the wind is actually quite entertaining!

thanks snowdog,looking forward to joining in on some chit chat,nice looking machine in both of your avatars,i see you fly the big ones... :)

i must edit my first post,made a few mistakes with some of the dialog,the way i had written it just didn't read right.

DONE.

cheers
Dan

Last edited by a moderator: