• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

njswede

150cc
Hello everyone,

I am Geoff from AZ. I happened to find this website from an email sent by 3dhs. Glad I found you guys. Looks like a great place to educate myself on 3D. If you guys are ever in AZ and want to fly hit me up.

Take care,

Geoff

Welcome to the site, Geoff! You'll find a great bunch of guys and gals here possessing an incredible wealth of knowledge. Join the discussions, ask questions and share your ideas and opinions! If you have specific questions, you may want to check out the Ask Joe Smith forum and talk directly to one of the best 3D pilots on the planet! (He's in the Middle East flying with sheiks and princes right now, so he may not answer right away...)

gwillia99

New to GSN!
I've watched some of his videos and he's amazing. As I mentioned I found out about this site from 3dhs. Something about a event. Our club would love to host an event like this. Any idea who I would contact about setting something up in az?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've watched some of his videos and he's amazing. As I mentioned I found out about this site from 3dhs. Something about a event. Our club would love to host an event like this. Any idea who I would contact about setting something up in az?

Welcome Geoff! There are lots of AZ flyers on here, poke 'round a bit, you bump into one quickly.

As for hosting an event in AZ, my recommendation would be to contact guys at 3dhs directly, since they are the primary sponsor of the event series.

Hello Everyone Blake From Arkansas
been flying for three years..
in the hanger I have the Best of them all the 104 slick thanks to rotorJockey
106 Eg Aircraft mx2 and a 103 magic hand Yak...

I am a memeber of the Piggott rc Flying Club where I serve as the Vice President soon to be President lol... nice to meet everyone...

SnowDog

I am a memeber of the Piggott rc Flying Club where I serve as the Vice President soon to be President lol... nice to meet everyone...

Welcome Blake! Glad to have you here. Flying for 3 years and you already have a 104, a 106, and a 103....wow!
I'd vote you in as president of my club too! LOL.
Love to see some photos of your birds!!
Please make yourself at home here!

gwillia99

New to GSN!

Welcome Blake. You will notice that this is a helpful bunch of people. I too am the VP of my club. Welcome to the site and enjoy.

gtoguy

New to GSN!
Hi from Northern CA, member of Wine Country Flyers. Only been flying for about 2 1/2 years, but my hangar is gettin' pretty full already... I'm learning 3D (albiet slowly), have a 3DHS Extra SHP 47 just getting the feel for KEs, hovers, and learning harriers. Seems like nice, helpful folks here. Hopefully I can contribute on the flying side someday. I am an electrical engineer with a lot of years of high-power DC and AC system design experience (motor controls and such). So perhaps I might be able to help in that arena.

Paul

coreman

50cc
Hi from Northern CA, member of Wine Country Flyers. Only been flying for about 2 1/2 years, but my hangar is gettin' pretty full already... I'm learning 3D (albiet slowly), have a 3DHS Extra SHP 47 just getting the feel for KEs, hovers, and learning harriers. Seems like nice, helpful folks here. Hopefully I can contribute on the flying side someday. I am an electrical engineer with a lot of years of high-power DC and AC system design experience (motor controls and such). So perhaps I might be able to help in that arena.

Paul

Welcome Paul. Lots of helpful people here. I'm sure you will have some insight to share with the power systems some of these planes seem to be carrying up front. Some of the voltage and amperage of these systems get pretty scary, at least to a layman.

Well I'm new here and have been on here for a while. I'm not sure I'm a 3d guy but have a 47 Osiris that is my favorite plane right now. My son got me back into RC after a 25 year absence a lot of this is so new to me but I have met a lot of friendly people. I'm really interested in pattern but I may be itching to do some 3d stuff soon.

As long as it flies it's all good right?

Robert King and RJ King Jr.

njswede

150cc
Great to have you here Robert! I personally think some of us here have a lot to learn from someone like you. I am a self-confessed stick banger who can't do straight, smooth lines to save my life. So 3D nut or not, I think you have a lot to add to our community. Once again, welcome!