• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New airplane hauler

This is similar to some other recent threads, but not quite the same. It's time to buy a new car, er, airplane hauler. I don't want a pick-up or to pull a trailer. I'm thinking about a van, SUV, or crossover big enough to carry two 60 or 70cc planes with the stabs still on them. What do you guys have that works?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I have a Dodge minivan and it works perfectly. Good gas mileage and you can fit a lot of planes in there. I forgot to get a pic of the planes loaded, but went out last Saturday with these 2. I can fit 3 60CC planes with stabs on if I need to.
image004.jpg
image011.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I drive an F350 long bed with a camper cap. I can fit two 100cc planes in the back. Equipment fits in the back seat.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Front seats are fine. I bring my daughter with me most times. I can actually bring a 35%er instead on one of these and I have to move the passenger seat forward a little.

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
2014 Honda Odyssey for me. Have hauled in one load a 35%, 40%, 10x15 canopy, all flight gear and could still have a passenger in the front seat...but just barely :). I do have to remove a single stab from one of the airplanes though.
I routinely haul two 35%ers and all the gear and canopy and it just depends on which aircraft. Some combos require a stab to be removed but some do not.
With just one big bird there is plenty of room for anything with front seats all the way aft.