• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Two thoughts Snoopy, other than the steel tubing added around the cabin/ forward fuse area I'm building according to plans. In other words I'm assuming it is a proven design. Secondly, Cubs are hard to land, there is so much lift you almost have to force them down.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Two thoughts Snoopy, other than the steel tubing added around the cabin/ forward fuse area I'm building according to plans. In other words I'm assuming it is a proven design. Secondly, Cubs are hard to land, there is so much lift you almost have to force them down.
Ok I get it not a plane to be concerned about weight. Never had a cub I am flying a Decathlon pretty close.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The 'repair ' note is now gone. Resoldered a hinge. I was heating from underneath blind and had to hope the wood didn't dampen the heat too much. Minor burn marks underneath..........

IMG-0326.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Control area filling in. Other than balance/cg worries this is where the plane show and not many other possible locations.

View attachment 120792View attachment 120792
If I may suggest I have been using carbon rods for a while. Had a couple of failures using carbon rod and threaded rod epoxy into the ends. After some carnage I figured out how to stop the carbon rod failure. If look at the picture. Solved the problem by epoxying a sleeve over end where the threaded rob is glued in the carbon rod. This stoped the carbon from splitting.

Attachments

• 90613F4F-1921-4291-B801-C293336B9CFE.jpeg
    90613F4F-1921-4291-B801-C293336B9CFE.jpeg
    555.5 KB · Views: 62

TonyHallo

150cc
If I may suggest I have been using carbon rods for a while. Had a couple of failures using carbon rod and threaded rod epoxy into the ends. After some carnage I figured out how to stop the carbon rod failure. If look at the picture. Solved the problem by epoxying a sleeve over end where the threaded rob is glued in the carbon rod. This stoped the carbon from splitting.
More food for thought, 4 mm cf tube, 2 pieces of 3/16" x .049 aluminum tube (KS 83060) 3/4" long. face both sides, drill one end 5/32" diameter 3/8" deep. The aluminum ends are glued on the cf tube with black rubberized CA, after cure tap the aluminum ends into the cf tube for 4-40 threads and install 1 1/4" long 4-40 socket head cap screws and remove head. I have used both rubberized CA and red Loctite while installing the screws. The rods are bullet proof. For short rods the KS 83060 is perfect, just tap for 4-40.
IMG_2444.jpg