• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My participation here at GSN - Here we go...

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I hope it all works out for you Sleepy. I've been working 60+ hours per week, plus raising a family for over 20 years straight. Trying to juggle everything plus keep everyone happy and the bills paid is tuff to say the least. But a cold IPA now and then sure knocks the edge off! Best wishes my friend :cheers:

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I guess that family comes first even though GSN is like a big family, the one back home is the one that is most important.
From my own experience alon, trying to be in two weddings on the same time is a mission impossible but, yet again, you and Bart created this site from scratch, so everything is possible.
If you'll try and make this site as a business we will all support that move, after all we are like a family.
Just thinking out loud.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Dangerous ground. Sometimes making your hobby your business kills the fun of the hobby.
Built choppers for fun for many years, opened a small shop and killed my joy for all things chrome in two some odd years. Was making money, just riding and laughing less than I liked.
Find a balance , burn a candle at both ends like every working man has to these days, but don't burn out .

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I'll probably be hated for this comment but... I for one would not be opposed to a small yearly membership fee (under 20.00) to keep this place growing and alive.
Sorry guys, but fair is fair. I wouldn't do all this for free would you?
Can't imagine a hand full of advertisers pays the bills here, either we can all kick in and make it possible as a family of friends... Or depend on advertisement's at every page , flashing/blinking and demanding your dollar like "other" places.
Only a suggestion. Just a thought and honestly, i usually have more farts than thoughts . not sure which one this was now.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I'll probably be hated for this comment but... I for one would not be opposed to a small yearly membership fee (under 20.00) to keep this place growing and alive.
Sorry guys, but fair is fair. I wouldn't do all this for free would you?
Can't imagine a hand full of advertisers pays the bills here, either we can all kick in and make it possible as a family of friends... Or depend on advertisement's at every page , flashing/blinking and demanding your dollar like "other" places.
+1
If we want this family to grow and the website to be for years to come that's how we need to do it.
In today's cyber world, where FB YT and more are ruling the net, forums are doomed...I dont need it any more to get useful info in a blink of a second, we got no more patience to open a thread about "how to" or just "how", today I can open a chat on FB and talk to a guy in Au and ask him 101 how to do it...forums today are "too slow" BUT, they are a well of knowledge (from where do you think Google got all the knowledge they have) and a place for us to gather and talk about the hobby, and most important, fly, together in FlyIns and big events...
Its much deeper than that and I cant write it all down but that's the sum.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Sleepy....glad we'll see more of you, but family is priority!! GSN is taking on a life of its own thanks to you, Bart and others.

As far as paying to subscribe...it'd be the best $20 (or whatever) I've spent in awhile:cheers:

njswede

150cc
IMHO, forum for a fee is not the way to go. The RC forum market is already over-crowded and they're all free. It would be almost impossible to compete with that. I'd say just keep doing what you're doing. I always stayed away from FG because it felt pompous and intimidating. Here I can ask my stupid giant scale noon questions without fear of being ridiculed.