• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new pilot (parental guidance recommended...)

11.JPG

For those of you who watched one of the best series ever made, "Breaking Bad", This is for you! "Special" blue stuff and all. Oh, and I guess I apologize in advance to any who are offended by this, I'm sure there will be somebody. I'll post the pics of his long journey to flight.

I used a dremel Multi-Max (one of my all-time favorite tools) to cut the initial shape from one of those foam balls from a local craft store. 

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

I cut the bottom off and turned it upside down to make for a suitable shoulder section.  This is where I wished I had spent the money and bought the bigger ball, but they're like $10.00 for the big one. 

4.JPG

5.JPG

Now on to the dremel rotary tool, one of those that I'm sure we all have, or should! As a disclaimer, my mother is an artist, my grandmother is an artist, I am not. This was very new territory for me, but I would say that for my first one, it came out pretty good.

6.JPG

In the end, I think I got his chin a little narrow, but it works.  I think I had the very skinny version of him in my head from the end of the season when I was carving him out.

7.JPG

8.JPG

I ended up making his hat a little smaller and giving it a slight curled up look after this pic was taken.

9.JPG

10.JPG

My awesome and beautiful wife did an excellent job painting him. I tried and quickly passed it off to her.  

11-1.JPG

12.JPG

14.JPG

Notice a little of the "blue stuff" behind him... That is blue crack glass, no not that kind of crack glass, the kind you buy at a craft store.  We broke it up carefully and stuffed it in little plastic baggies I get from work. Then glued it down, There are even a few little crystals that are attached as if falling out of the bag. 

13.JPG

15.JPG

In the end, he turned out a little smaller than I hoped, and I wasn't completely satisfied with the shirt we put on him. I went ahead and purchased the larger foam ball and am going to make another with a more scale size. I think I'll also put the yellow trademark hazmat suit on him out of something I'll probably figure out later. He will also get a nice "Heisenberg"  in cursive to go next to him when I finally save up enough for my decal order. Hope you enjoyed!  

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
and here I thought you pieced it together from parts and stuff.  nice work, never saw the show but i know who he is, hazmat suit would be cool!

That he did... If I recall, he flew better without the head. His back has now been structurally reinforced with a nylon wing bolt. 

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Nice work on the figure. I never watched the show either. Basically because its seemed to be about tweakers and dope. I hate tweakers!!!!!  Scum of the earth. 

Im curios though. What prompted you to put a tweaker and a bag of dope in your plane???