• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new 72" 3DHS Extra 330

Eagle34

50cc
The only thing that might cause some interference is the close proximity of the BattShare to the Rx antennas. You might try and move the Rx back a couple of inches. Can't see where your satellite for the Rx is but you want the satellite antenna 90 degrees in relation to the main antenna.

One thing I noticed was the AR7000 DSM2. I fly spektrum, so I'm not radio bashing or intending to start any wars. But consider upgrading that receiver to DSMX if you have a DSMX radio. The DSM2 can lock out in very rare circumstances, and I've not had my old ones do that, but on this plane (of which I own too) I'd do the X for peace of mind. Just because I tend to fly this model in big spaces. I have DSM2 on smaller planes like the 51 slick, buck huck, & foamies. Never had a lockout.

Here's a great review using a spectrum analyzer to show the TX broadcast patterns of the 2 and the X, definitely worth checking out:

DSM2

DSMX

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
I don't think they were really connection issues cuz I was standing next to my plane and got hardly any engine response, but my throttle servo was still moving. So i think the throttle butterfly is loose.
And here's some pix, I moved my batshare just in case that was interfering. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349469280.212534.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349469286.825658.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow, that's crazy that it was a mechanical issue after everyone kept thinking that it might be an electrical issue. I'm interested to hear what you find when it's all fixed.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Nope, I lied. The butterfly's nice and tight. Ugh! I took the engine off for nothing..well I guess now I know that's not the problem.