• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new 72" 3DHS Extra 330

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Don't just test to see if the surfaces work. Test if they are going in the right direction. Seen this mistake and its usually fatal.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Hey guys, I'm making a checklist of things I should do before I fly my 72" Extra. What am I forgetting?

(1) check all plugs/connections
(2) inspect wires for damage
(3) make sure batteries are charged
(4) test control surfaces
(5) fuel her up
(6) Screw hatch on

Make sure the wing bolts are installed and tight.

If you haven't checked the control surface hinges since being glued, give those a good tug and make sure you don't have a loose hinge line.

Good luck with the maiden.........fly three or four minutes, enough to trim for level flight and make a few passes. Bring your 72" Extra in for a landing and then inspect every electrical and mechanical connection from rudder to spinner; don't forget to look at the engine as well. Also check to make sure nothing moved from the install position....packs, RX, fuel tank, etc.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Make sure the wing bolts are installed and tight.

If you haven't checked the control surface hinges since being glued, give those a good tug and make sure you don't have a loose hinge line.

Good luck with the maiden.........fly three or four minutes, enough to trim for level flight and make a few passes. Bring your 72" Extra in for a landing and then inspect every electrical and mechanical connection from rudder to spinner; don't forget to look at the engine as well. Also check to make sure nothing moved from the install position....packs, RX, fuel tank, etc.

Ok thanks I'll do that

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Dont forget to smile. :)

P1210361.jpg