• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini lathe (and mill) discussion.

TonyHallo

150cc
I have a HF 9"X19" lathe and a cheap Grizzley mill/drill. I wish the lathe had cross feed but you need to get into a $2000 machine for cross feed. For the hobby both machines can do whatever I need. There are some nice machines on Craig's list, at least in my area.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have a HF 9"X19" lathe and a cheap Grizzley mill/drill. I wish the lathe had cross feed but you need to get into a $2000 machine for cross feed. For the hobby both machines can do whatever I need. There are some nice machines on Craig's list, at least in my area.

I've missed 2 or 3 on Craigslist recently. Gotta tighten up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I can say to you is this, this is one machine you get what you pay for. I know go for quality and precision and not-size you will regret it. If it does not cut accurately and is not steady and vibrates while cutting because it is to light. Buying a lathe is difficult. This is machine that should come from Europe, England, Germany or Italy.