• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lost 10k posts

SleepyC

150cc
Flyin4fun;2274 wrote: I respectfully disagree with you Sir,

In those 8 years you have made countless friends not only in the RC community, but with many vendors as well.

It is those relationships that, YOU have made, that will make THIS site thrive.

There are those that say you were the face of FG, and to a point I agree, BUT I believe that you have become the "face of our hobby".

I could go to our club and ask who won this years XFC, or the recent aerobatic competition, or who is Joe Nall, and maybe, MAYBE, a handful would be able to tell me the correct answers, but if I would ask them who Steve Cinch or SleepyC is, the majority would know.

FG did not "make" you, You made you who you are today by doing the "legwork" to bring us coverage of the events that you covered, the pics, the videos, etc with enthusiasm second to none.

I have no idea why or how that JB left you go from FG, but that decision has to be the "fail" of the century.

BUT the decision for Bart to bring you to Multirotors and the eventual birth of this site is monumental and I have no doubt that this site will grow in leaps and bounds as it has already.

Wow thank you. I am truly just happy to work in an industry where friendships are important still and relationships can last lifetimes.

Not many left like that. Again thank you, I do honestly put a lot of myself into this stuff, and I'm very happy you guys tolerate me. HA HA.

Hopefully with this new site and just a business partner and no "bosses" we can really explode.

I knew things were going in a different direction when I was grilled on why I would take a sponsorship for a contest (King50) where ALL the sponsorship money goes directly to the pilots, and none of it goes to the company. I may not have a PHD in business or economics but PERSONALLY I would think the company could see the value in what we were doing with the King 50. I DO, and will continue to do it!

Again thanks, your post just added 500 lbs of dynamite to a fire under my butt that was already burning pretty damn hot!

:D

Tseres

150cc
Super08;2398 wrote: So will this involve a new P-47 build thread. :D

I don't think Me or Sam will build a new one soon but there ius always some kind of update or change or a fly in or something to keep it going.

SleepyC;2399 wrote: your post just added 500 lbs of dynamite to a fire under my butt that was already burning pretty damn hot!

:D

I'd seen you all over the threads a that last place but I didn't really understand the depth of your commitment until I heard your interview on the Flite Test podcast. You and I are the same age and I cannot fathom how you manage to maintain your pace. You seem to managed to hold on to the enthusiasm and boundless energy of a 7 year old. Good on you!

Keep it up Steven!

Super08

70cc twin V2
Tseres;2430 wrote: I don't think Me or Sam will build a new one soon but there ius always some kind of update or change or a fly in or something to keep it going.

LOL I was just teasing him, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see another "Not another P47 Build" thread though. :D The old one is a zillion pages long.

sweetpea

100cc
Good to see you Sleepy!

Nope, I don't plan on another P-47 yet. I have some updates to do to mine....like getting it flying. I'll probably move all my build pics and tips over to this site over time.

I will start a new Meister FW190-D9 thread though. That plane has been on the wall for 4yrs and I'd like to get it flying. Once I have my new career lined up I'll start doing that.

Can't I get the mods to at least give me a new rating instead of Jr member or this glow engine crap?