• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lipos from different vendors

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I personally fly EP Buddy's Glacier batteries, and the Gens Ace packs from Hobbypartz.
Between those two, the Glaciers have tested slightly better.

Same for me both top notch but I will add that dealing with Dale at EP Buddy is so much better than HP. I do hear very good things on Haiyin packs too but have not tried them

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I have two of the Value Hobby 3S 2200mAh 30C packs for my 48" 3DHS Edge. I can't tell any difference in flight performance with them versus my Glacier or GensAce packs with the same specs. I don't have enough cycles on them to see how they are going to hold up over the long run. One thing with the Value Hobby packs, they are only rated at 3C max charge rate.

I have two of the Value Hobby 3S 2200mAh 30C packs for my 48" 3DHS Edge. I can't tell any difference in flight performance with them versus my Glacier or GensAce packs with the same specs. I don't have enough cycles on them to see how they are going to hold up over the long run. One thing with the Value Hobby packs, they are only rated at 3C max charge rate.

Charge rate isnt that's big off a deal to me. I'm rarely in a rush but its nice sometimes. Im just going to get them from whoever has them in stock

hone

150cc
Haiyin makes a good quality lipo and has decent prices. Usually they have a good stock as well

Well I had to ditch 4 of my Gens Ace 450's. I charged them up and checked out the cells with the battery tester. They had full power for like a second then immediately fell on their faces. Sooo into the trash they go. I'm stubborn when it comes to batteries though. Especially the small ones. I'm having a hard time paying more than 8-10 bucks for a little 3S 450-500. I'm not convinced that a name brand will perform better or last longer than something cheaper. Also, I feel as if they are just re-badged with "name brand" lables on them. My ignorance I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: