• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lipos from different vendors

Are there any other vendors that im missing that sells lipos at hobbyking and hobbypartzs prices?
Ive decided I dont wanna support these guys anymore.

njswede

150cc
ValueHobby has a line of fairly inexpensive LiPos, but I haven't tried them, so I have no idea of the quality.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are there any other vendors that im missing that sells lipos at hobbyking and hobbypartzs prices?
Ive decided I dont wanna support these guys anymore.

Very happy to read this, congrats on your decision.

If you factor in the higher failure rate, shorter life span, and the difficulty in getting a replacement if one arrives with a bad cell, (you'll be buying another or waiting many months at best), buying from HK costs as much more than many reputable vendors.

I personally fly EP Buddy's Glacier batteries, and the Gens Ace packs from Hobbypartz.
Between those two, the Glaciers have tested slightly better.

As for the value hobby packs, we just bought a few to test, and hope to have a review posted soon.

Very happy to read this, congrats on your decision.

If you factor in the higher failure rate, shorter life span, and the difficulty in getting a replacement if one arrives with a bad cell, (you'll be buying another or waiting many months at best), buying from HK costs as much more than many reputable vendors.

I personally fly EP Buddy's Glacier batteries, and the Gens Ace packs from Hobbypartz.
Between those two, the Glaciers have tested slightly better.

As for the value hobby packs, we just bought a few to test, and hope to have a review posted soon.

CS blows. I remember hobbypartz having a Black Friday sale and I was all psyched about it but everything is always out of stock. how in the world can you have a sale when everything is out of stock. I need to replace some of my gens ace 450's. They have no power under load but seem to have good numbers when I monitor the cells under load hmmm. I do like the gens ace packs. I trust them as a power source for my servos, ignition and rx in my cap going through my smart fly super reg :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
U should give the glaciers a try, they've really preformed week in our testing.