• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lesson #1 from Bart, OPP

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Sucks Bart... but, thanks for posting the pic !! Something about a car wreck... you just cannot keep yourself from looking... :)

Sorry about this mishap !! All these things have a shelf life... some more than others... ;)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Bum deal bro. Hate to hear it. Happens to the best of us! I was flying my Flyzone Switch last weekend and decided to glance at my timer when I was just a few feet off the ground buzzing down the runway. Unintended high speed touch and go! Looked up just in the nick of time to save it. Had to straighten the landing gear a bit. But other than that it was okay. Every flight since then I make sure I have plenty of altitude before I check the timer.:D

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
the bright side to this is that I did some surfing this afternoon after I was done sulking and found two really good deals!!! Just have to find a way to get them back home! Anyone live near Chantilly, VA and wouldn't mind storing an airplane for me for a week or so? :)

Bart

pawnshopmike

Staff member
the bright side to this is that I did some surfing this afternoon after I was done sulking and found two really good deals!!! Just have to find a way to get them back home! Anyone live near Chantilly, VA and wouldn't mind storing an airplane for me for a week or so? :)

Bart
Never fails. Every time I find a smoking deal on something I like it's always 1000 miles away.:confused:

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks anyway Chris. the plane is even farther south than Chantilly but that's where the guy will be in a couple of weeks and he's offered to bring it with him if I can get there or arrange for someone nearby to grab it for me.

i'll find someone, just have to ask around.
Bart

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Lesson 4.. keep that Cap LIGHT. That is one of the caps that gave the Cap the "snap happy" nick name.
The old Great Planes Cap 21 kit really hurt the Cap legacy. My old club had them as a club building contest project back in 85 or so. I think there were 9 built and only 2 lived till the contest day.