• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not in a little while. The owner of the plane just took his wife on vacation, and it's Christmas, so he is waiting before he spends any more money on an engine and exhaust.
Tell him he needs a Kolm
Lol

It's all in the Glassing and Painting thread. It's scattered all over the thread starting on page 2.
http://giantscalenews.com/threads/glassing-and-painting-techniques.1536/

This post gives the basic fiberglassing rundown. There is a lot more throughout the thread.

http://giantscalenews.com/threads/glassing-and-painting-techniques.1536/page-14#post-36388
Thank you. These will help a heap.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hard to believe it's been a month and a half since I've worked on this thing. I'm still waiting on a few key parts, but tonight I'm going to start making a tray behind the firewall to hold the batteries and throttle servo. I can't mount the engine yet, because I'm waiting for some 1/2" standoffs, but they should be here any day, then I'm out of excuses.;)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually got a few things accomplished on the Ultimate this weekend. The batteries and throttle servo are going to be mounted on a tray behind the firewall. I started making a cardboard pattern for that, and I also marked the top of the engine dome for some cutouts to reach through to access the things up front. The ignition will be mounted to the dome from behind between the cutouts.

I also got the engine mounted. I used some wire ties to hang the engine from the cabanes so I could mark the placement with the lower half of the cowl on. It worked surprisingly well. After marking it I took it apart and held the standoff base in place on the mark and used a 1/4" spur bit by hand to make a center mark in my tape, then drilled them out. I was surprised to see that the firewall didn't have any wood in it, just fiberglass and lots of carbon fiber.

I'm going to need a bit more gap on the spinner, but I'm using a Blazing Star mount, and SWB standoffs, and the standofffs came with several adjustment washers. I was dreading drilling and mounting the engine since I can't stand a bad spinner gap. I'm very happy with how it fits!

20190202_211033_resized.jpg
20190203_170411_resized.jpg
20190203_170421_resized.jpg
20190203_170428_resized.jpg
20190203_180542_resized.jpg
20190203_180606_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Good to see you are back at it again and all looks good. Yes I agree when a spinner fits to cowl nicely it looks so much better. What’s with the cowl looks like a crack across the top not very good if that is how it came out of the box.