• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
This however, is not a warranty item, but, im dissembling the engine for shipping tomorrow am, cleaning up the damage to motor box and bottom cowl and Dave's taking on the top cowl with fiberglass and painter can take it tomorrow. thank god for friends!
20150308_102217.jpg

Let y'all know how the story goes" as the world turns," LoL.

IMAC FANATIC

Scudder aka Matthew was there for what was, in the history of awful sounds, the worst sound ever heard.

Nothing quite like the sound of an engine exploding and smashing your cowl on what was otherwise a quite beautiful morning.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Scudder aka Matthew was there for what was, in the history of awful sounds, the worst sound ever heard.

Nothing quite like the sound of an engine exploding and smashing your cowl on what was otherwise a quite beautiful morning.
Does it sound anything like a fan with most of a water pump shaft coming off at about 7000rpm and trying to go through the hood? Cause that I've heard.

IMAC FANATIC

Yikes ! Sounded like three handfulls of heavy utensils in an industrial blender then an awful POP followed by the most uncomfortable silence ever known, could hear a pin drop. .. or the sound of me soiling my pants for the dead stick. Lol

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
WOW....glad you got her back down safely!!!! You don't see that kind of failure very often. DA will fix you up though. Be curious to know what caused it?

IMAC FANATIC

Step 1: cowl repaired repainted and waiting for install.
Step 2 : DA called and the engine is already in transit and will be here TOMORROW ! Woo hoo, say what you will about price and all but DA service is above and beyond all expectations. Gotta love those guys!!!
All they said was it was no error on my behalf and could have been a bolt failure. This is only the 2nd tine they've seen this situation.

Arizona here we come !

Last edited: