• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Joe Nall Plane.. almost forgot how to do this! AW Freestyle 70cc 260

SleepyC

150cc
OK.. rudder servo installed and pull-pull cables installed. That MKS HBL 380 is a bad ass!! DIZAAAAM.
All other servos hooked up...

Basically all I can do now is attach the motor and wait for the rest of my stuff to come in the mail. Also need to order mufflers, but am a bit tight on funds.. ERRRRR.

And while we are "ERRRRRing" can I rant for a moment? (And this is not in reference to any particular brand of airplane, or covering.. but to ALL of them)......

We have telemetry... our radios can talk to each other. Our motors run right out of the box. ARF's fit together and are strong and fly great... we have 2.4 radios, lipos, GYROS... but WHY are we still using 1960's covering technology?!?! Can't someone do better? Chinakote, Monokote, ultrakote, it's all the same bubbling, non sticking, can't take the sun stuff. In 2015 are you telling me 3M or BASF or SOMEONE can't do better? Because I HATE ironing covering! I covered 3 40% airplanes in one year a few years ago and vowed to never mess with covering again...
ANYONE??? I'll offer a $1,000,000 prize for a new covering product!! (no clue where the money is coming from.. but I'll offer it!)
IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2103.JPG
IMG_2104.JPG
IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2106.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG

SleepyC

150cc
And yes I know I didn't put the little squares over the control horns, I hate them. If you glue in the horns properly I don't see a need for them...
Bah Humbug stupid square things!

:D

ericrs

70cc twin V2
OK.. rudder servo installed and pull-pull cables installed. That MKS HBL 380 is a bad ass!! DIZAAAAM.
All other servos hooked up...

Basically all I can do now is attach the motor and wait for the rest of my stuff to come in the mail. Also need to order mufflers, but am a bit tight on funds.. ERRRRR.

And while we are "ERRRRRing" can I rant for a moment? (And this is not in reference to any particular brand of airplane, or covering.. but to ALL of them)......

We have telemetry... our radios can talk to each other. Our motors run right out of the box. ARF's fit together and are strong and fly great... we have 2.4 radios, lipos, GYROS... but WHY are we still using 1960's covering technology?!?! Can't someone do better? Chinakote, Monokote, ultrakote, it's all the same bubbling, non sticking, can't take the sun stuff. In 2015 are you telling me 3M or BASF or SOMEONE can't do better? Because I HATE ironing covering! I covered 3 40% airplanes in one year a few years ago and vowed to never mess with covering again...
ANYONE??? I'll offer a $1,000,000 prize for a new covering product!! (no clue where the money is coming from.. but I'll offer it!)
View attachment 18035 View attachment 18036 View attachment 18037 View attachment 18038 View attachment 18039 View attachment 18040
I am with you there. It seems like there would be a better product available. I am wanting to do a kit build, but I am not looking forward to getting the thing covered. What little bit I've worked with the stuff, it never seems to go very good for me