• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
In that case :sneaky:.....

I did some NTSB'n or maybe some NTBS'n who knows???

What I do know Mike is your a good guy :way_to_go:.

I did not pull apart the receiver yet but did hook up the power harness and satellite just as it was after the crash. The power switches were on so power was applied as soon as the plugs went in to the bind/dat port and aux3 port. No lights on remote or receiver until I turned on the Tx. Both the remote and main Rx's instantly had solid orange led's light up. I pulled out the plug to the bind/dat port and reconnected then the same with the aux3 port and lights did not so much as blink. I think this is a very good sign I did not loose reception or bind.
Took it to the tail carnage and hooked up the rudder servo with amp meter. What I found was the rudder servo would barely move the rudder and I saw a high 7.84 amp reading along with a bunch of lower readings of about 5 and 4 amps respectively. The plastic nylon horn with metal ring used to attach the CF pull pull arm had been striped out completely! Again hard to tell if the crash did this or my hard flying stunts in the air? But knowing I got a bigger 50cc engine and batteries with added 10oz(about 20oz total) of weight and the failure point of the air frame almost right in the middle of these to heavier masses I think I did break the fuse and strip the rudder servo horn in the air and that is what possibly caused the brown out. There was so little other damage and that it was all heaped nice and tidy affirms these findings IMO.

IMG_1298.JPG 0830172113-00.jpg 0830172116-00.jpg 0830172118-00.jpg 0830172118-01.jpg 0830172130-00.jpg 0830172137-00.jpg 0830172130-01.jpg 0830172138-02.jpg 0830172143-00.jpg 0830172144-00.jpg

Alky6

150cc
"Like" your findings. I see you had two rather robust power supply connections to the receiver, that answers my previous question. Looks adequate to me for normal use IMHO. Appreciate you sharing your findings. Wish you didn't have to share them though :frown:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
"Like" your findings. I see you had two rather robust power supply connections to the receiver, that answers my previous question. Looks adequate to me for normal use IMHO. Appreciate you sharing your findings. Wish you didn't have to share them though :frown:.

Thanks Paul. But to be honest this incident boils down to pilot error. It has been such a long time that I challenged my flying skills I was WAY to over zealous trying to prove myself. Ended up costing my only gasser. If only that engine would run decent in the midrange I don't think we would be having this discussion. But it was a real fire cracker on the top end and I could develop huge amounts of inertial energy to do some spectacular maneuvers. Showing off is not such a great thing. I have learned the hard way :face-palm: