• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How to win a Fly-in Raffle?

SleepyC

150cc
Josh Price;16456 wrote: I have a method and something I do every time. It works for me really well. Just the weekend if the Magnolia event I won a gun, da 60, vyper bip, multiplex stunt master, plane wrapper, 2 SmartFly gift cards, a shirt, and a few other smaller things and a few more gift cards. I actually have done this same thing each time I attend a event that has a nice raffle. At a DU banquet earlier this year I won 3 guns there.

OK butthole.. don't brag.. share the method! OR at least PM me!

:D

Cook

New to GSN!
I used the Geno theory last year in Wenatchee - won me a 120 :)
16720=11637-2013-09-07 19.06.08.jpg

BalsaDust

I win a few contest here and there online that are never worth much and my best one yet was at my company's Christmas party this last year I managed to win $100 cash.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
Sleepy,I used to buy a bunch of tickets but never won anything.At the Austin Huckfest I didn't have much cash so I bought 4 tickets.I walked away with a 3DHS Vyper AND a 104 Slick,so I think the secret is fewer tickets.

I never win any thing either.. but I get to sit back and Watch [MENTION=70]Pbilt024[/MENTION] and @rotorjockey win all the time lol.. I just don't have any luck or I don't buy enough tickets

Geno

70cc twin V2
Cook;16720 wrote: I used the Geno theory last year in Wenatchee - won me a 120 :)

Man I couldn't buy enough tickets to keep up with all the smaller prizes I won that year adam lol. Hopefully you'll get that bad boy fired up soon!

I typically buy as many tickets as I can afford, then just enjoy the event..If I win something great, if not I chalk it up to money that goes to support the club and the hobby I love, and go on! The biggest thing keeping me from winning is this swing shift I work! I am at work during half of the events! I wonder if my job knows how much they interfere with my playtime?

Planecraz3d;16879 wrote: I typically buy as many tickets as I can afford, then just enjoy the event..If I win something great, if not I chalk it up to money that goes to support the club and the hobby I love, and go on!
This pretty much sums up my take on it.

I have a pretty good streak of winning "something" at practically every raffle, though.

Hopefully I'll manage to snag one of the big 'uns, one of these days :)

I'll keep playing, either way.

Sometimes I buy $20 in tickets, sometimes $100, or something in between.

Usually in two or three batches.