• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How to win a Fly-in Raffle?

SleepyC

150cc
Ok.. this past weekend marked my longest streak in RC history. For the past 10 years I have never won one single thing at a pilots or charity raffle. I typically buy $20 worth of tickets and never win anything. i'm not complaining just courious on what I am doing wrong?!?!

Now the reason I ask this is I know several guys who every time they go somewhere they win something. Some guys buy a TON of tickets but others do as I do and just buy $20 worth.

So for those of you with the luck of the Irish, what's the deal?

And the funny thing is I have given out probably $100K worth of prizes over the years but never even won a prop cover!

Crumpled tickets? Early or late purchases? Space out your ticket returning!??!

Winners what's your secret?!?!?

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I've had good luck lately and have won 2 planes this past year. They've both been the type where you pay 20 and get as many tickets as you can based on how far you can reach and I have long arms. If its a good raffle I usually buy an arms length when I register and then one right before the drawing. However I have never won anything else, just those two planes (well maybe a bottle of CA too).

I've also met a guy once called one ticket Lou and he's had pretty good luck with his 1 ticket strategy as well.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;16333 wrote:

And the funny thing is I have given out probably $100K worth of prizes over the years but never even won a prop cover!

I've got a couple 22" and 23" Falcon prop covers I'd be happy to send you no charge. Heck, I'll even cover the postage!