• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hi everyone.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I went to your club website. The airfield looks great. Nice and flat unlike ours. We have a tree line across from the runway that is way closer than I like. It is real easy to fly beyond that line without realizing it. I was flying my P-51 over it one day when a DX6i with DSM2 brownedout and perched my Mustang in the top of the tallest tree over there. I fly only with my DX8 now. Here is a youtube link of me flying that Mustang there before the day of the brownout. You will see how tight it is to fly there. The best club for flying in my area is the Charlotte club just south of me. The club dues there are steep at $185 per year.
Yeah we are blessed with an amazing field, and land owner. We just getting our website up and going again, after having a shake up in the club earlier this year. I've been out to Charlotte a couple times for Fly-in. They have alot of amenities at there field, really nice place, good group of fellas. Let this crazy heat get out of here, and come check us out, bring that warbird, and let her EAT.

Yeah we are blessed with an amazing field, and land owner. We just getting our website up and going again, after having a shake up in the club earlier this year. I've been out to Charlotte a couple times for Fly-in. They have alot of amenities at there field, really nice place, good group of fellas. Let this crazy heat get out of here, and come check us out, bring that warbird, and let her EAT.
Thanks CBalls. That was the p-51 I lost to a brownout. I'm really not a warbird freak. I dig Mustangs though and will have another one day. I am in to freestyle 3D. Our club is an old one. The runway is lumpy and has a lot of dips. It needs to be rolled with a big pavement packer after a light rain. I've brought this up at meetings. The best thing about it is that is is only 4 miles from me. If I get a chance I would love to come fly with you guys. I don't get much time on the weekend to fly because of my job. I am a sound engineer with a very popular band out of Charlotte The Entertainers. I did an 8 yr run with the Embers out of Raleigh. I fly mostly on Mon. Tues. and Wed. Thanx for the invite. Sounds like fun.

thurmma

150cc
Welcome Bill! This place is great to just browse or do a rebuild thread or a build thread or..... Well you can figure it out! Just a great place to hang out and have fun.

Thank you thurmma for the welcome. I have not had a chance to check the build threads here. I'm on my way there right now. I love building planes and helis. My planes are all ready to go and I am now rebuilding my Trex 550 heli after a crash flying too late in the evening to see it clearly. Oh well learn as you go. Thanks again.