• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hi everyone.

I found out about this site at PAU website. I am an information freak when comes to hi performance rc airplane flight. I also hope to be helpful to other pilots when it pertains to subjects I am well informed about.

Thanx CBs. I have had a passion for aviation all my life. I did a lot of hanggliding in the 70s with my brother who now flys ultralite planes and gyros. I only got into rc 8 yrs ago starting with helis and began flying planes two years after that. I see you are also here in N.C. I am a member at Cabarrus Flyers in Mt. Pleasant N.C. I have some time off this week and would love to fly. With the hot temps right now makes hard to get to the field.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Thanx CBs. I have had a passion for aviation all my life. I did a lot of hanggliding in the 70s with my brother who now flys ultralite planes and gyros. I only got into rc 8 yrs ago starting with helis and began flying planes two years after that. I see you are also here in N.C. I am a member at Cabarrus Flyers in Mt. Pleasant N.C. I have some time off this week and would love to fly. With the hot temps right now makes hard to get to the field.
@Bill Safrit couple of us went out late yesterday for a few flights bout 4pm, we burnt up, nice balmy FREAKING 98 today, and calling for 102 tomorrow. Only thing I'm flying is a thermostat at a Cool altitude of 72* Your not far from me. I fly at Sandhills Model Aircraft Club Cameron, NC

@Bill Safrit couple of us went out late yesterday for a few flights bout 4pm, we burnt up, nice balmy FREAKING 98 today, and calling for 102 tomorrow. Only thing I'm flying is a thermostat at a Cool altitude of 72* Your not far from me. I fly at Sandhills Model Aircraft Club Cameron, NC
I went to your club website. The airfield looks great. Nice and flat unlike ours. We have a tree line across from the runway that is way closer than I like. It is real easy to fly beyond that line without realizing it. I was flying my P-51 over it one day when a DX6i with DSM2 brownedout and perched my Mustang in the top of the tallest tree over there. I fly only with my DX8 now. Here is a youtube link of me flying that Mustang there before the day of the brownout. You will see how tight it is to fly there. The best club for flying in my area is the Charlotte club just south of me. The club dues there are steep at $185 per year.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Welcome aboard!
image.jpg