• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

HEY!!!! (just heard a pin drop).....

Mikeq

150cc
[QUOTE="49dimes, post: 64350..Can I borrow some money???[/QUOTE]

You'll probably need to take out a second mortgage.LOL I can't begin to imagine what they will ask for that engine.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
All my hours are in H models. They are the only ones left flying noawadays.

That would be funny to hear about someone taking out a second mortgage for a toy:)

Mikeq

150cc
All my hours are in H models. They are the only ones left flying noawadays.

That would be funny to hear about someone taking out a second mortgage for a toy:)

Had a friend over on FG who threatened his wife with taking out a second mortgage in order to support his hobby. Of course he had to be joking. I can't remember if he said it was his first wife or second wife.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not many people get 7,500 hours anymore. Especially with how old the Buffs are getting and all the exercises they go through... also, they aren't in the air 24/7 like they used to be before the 90's.

I think the highest hour A-10 pilot I know has approximately 4,000. I have a long way to go to get there...

It has been so long and I lost my father over 25 years ago but in honesty I think he had well over 2000 in the B model and almost 500 in the F-4. He had actually started his military career as a WWII Navy Machinist's Mate. Some how he got in to the "recips" of the day and then OCS and was assigned to an F-86 squadron in Morrocco Africa. I was a Machinist's Mate as well but stayed in the Navy and have since retired. Guess this is why I love RC so much because I never filled the "hunger" professionally.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
probably something like this? But in the two stroke persuasion.

I have watched that vid over and over......Does one heck of a job flying scale! I think the person who made that six four has passed on. Beautiful engine and plane!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have watched that vid over and over......Does one heck of a job flying scale! I think the person who made that six four has passed on. Beautiful engine and plane!
Yes, there were only 6 total Sawa flat six's made. It's really too bad. I would have gone outside the box of my normal desired airframes and purchased one just for the motor. Normally, we select a motor appropriate to the airplane. Selecting an airplane appropriate for the motor would be a hell of a lot of fun.