• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 super cub

Spain

30cc
1/8" by 16" long A buddy put ends on for me so they hooked on the screws.

I had to tinker with the wraps a couple times but they have been perfect since I found the right tension.

Happen to have pics or link to source for the ends/hooks? Planning to finally make this change this Spring and 2 local friends just picked up the PNP model, so I'll make up a few sets.

Cheers

Lachlan

New to GSN!
T
Happen to have pics or link to source for the ends/hooks? Planning to finally make this change this Spring and 2 local friends just picked up the PNP model, so I'll make up a few sets.

Cheers

Just look for "hog rings" and a pair of hog ring pliers. Total cost should be $15 or less for a bag of rings and a pair of pliers. Loop the ends of the bungee and crimp a ring on and you're done. Or ask me nicely and I'll make you a couple pairs of bungees and send then to you. :)

Spain

30cc
I've been able to find the shock cord and the hog rings, but the smallest rings I've seen are for 3/8" chord Still looking for the tiny ones!

Lachlan

New to GSN!
The needle valve and carb assembly on my ASP FT160AR is terrible. I just ordered a carb and manifold assembly for the O.S. Ft-160 from Tower Hobbies. If it doesn't make that engine run more consistently then I'll be upgrading the powerplant to something more reliable, like either the VVRC 40 or something in a gasoline four stroke selection. So frustrated. The low speed needle needs to be adjusted every couple hours of run time. Ridiculous. Anyone have a good gas engine for this Super Cub that fits inside the cowl without any cutting? (That's a requirement for any engine I end up with on this airplane!) :)

Lachlan

New to GSN!
once it runs, that ASP 160 should sound awesome in a cub.

It runs fine, and sounds amazing. It just needs constant low speed needle adjustments due to a poorly designed and engineered carb. It should run more consistently well with the OS carb.

Lachlan

New to GSN!
Welp, damn. The O.S. Manifold won't work unless I fabricate some longer intake tubes. Ant worth it. I think I'll just put a VVRC 40 in it and call it done. Anyone want to buy an ASP FT160AR that runs good, but not quite well enough to haul a 20 lb Super Cub around? :)