• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D H9 1/3 Cap 232 - Blast from the past!!!

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That was my first big gasser too, at first with a McMinarelli 85 twin, quickly replaced with a DA-100.
The plane was totally stable in harrier.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
and for new people that are reading through the thread, these airplanes are available in the classifieds around the internet for reasonable prices so they make a great first giant!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
so excited...

Did you guys ever have any issues with the stabilizer retaining screw or wing coming out?

Yea! After the crash!lol But no not really. Tapped them to 4-40 and they always held for me. I had about 40 flights on it.

Bartman, can you send me a couple links to the classified you're referring to? I'd like to pickup a spare cowl, set of stabilizers and maybe wings.

thanks dimes, I'm thinking of using CF tubes. so I plan on using a short piece of wooden dowel with a metal threaded insert, 4-40 threads.

sc

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Bartman, can you send me a couple links to the classified you're referring to? I'd like to pickup a spare cowl, set of stabilizers and maybe wings.

here you go!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hangar+9+Cap+232+parts

it's worth mentioning that the smaller version is also a nice flyer and can be bought new in the box for $150 if you look hard enough....perfect for a 26 to 30cc gasser.
not in stock anymore but still at the Hangar 9 website, another great way to get into Giant Scale if 3D isn't your first priority...
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=HAN2020

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Was my first "big plane" also. ZDZ80 for power.
I put blind nuts in the wing roots and used 1/4-20 nylon bolts instead of the 4-40 in the wing tube. Did the hardwood dowel tapped 4-40 in the stab tube.