• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
gyro;8008 wrote: Is there any way to permanently attach a muffler? Not welding or anything, but any type of permanent sealant or something?

When I use copper RTV, it is stuck on pretty darn well.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
If your having trouble keeping the muffler tight. A trick Lorne showed me was use high temp silicon tighten good then using a torche to heat the head and exhaust to operating temp then re tighten the bolts. Seems to work every time. The point is the head was expanded as much as it can so the bolts won't become loose when you fly. Not sure if that's what your after, thought some others might benifit from it any way lol

gyro

GSN Contributor
Bhughes;8167 wrote: If your having trouble keeping the muffler tight. A trick Lorne showed me was use high temp silicon tighten good then using a torche to heat the head and exhaust to operating temp then re tighten the bolts. Seems to work every time. The point is the head was expanded as much as it can so the bolts won't become loose when you fly. Not sure if that's what your after, thought some others might benifit from it any way lol

bbrown2828;8169 wrote: Gary. . Run motor on ground with cowl off and then re tighten the bolts while engine is hot

Blake, I did that with the gp61 in the Aeroplus 92" edge today, and it did fine, but it has holes in the cowl to do it.

I'll drill some holes in the Redwing cowl so I can do the same thing, as I don't have a torch as recommended above.

Thanks guys! :)

Right on, glad to see you over here Kole!

I just got my 61 sent to you yesterday, you should have it first part of the week.

tbrum

New to GSN!
I've got a GP123 and GP61 and have had great luck with both so far. Here is the GP61 on a KS can with stock 11.5" header length running a Vess 25A prop. Since this video, I've retried the Falcon 25x8W and enjoy it more. Same electric smoothness down low and a little more top end.