• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 123 or DLE 120

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
From what I have seen at our field, I would go DLE120.  Very solid engine and a great runner.  Lots of power.  The GP has been a powerful engine also, but I have heard of more troubles with it.  I know of at least 4 DLE120's at our field and all of them are awesome.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
ericb said
From what I have seen at our field, I would go DLE120.  Very solid engine and a great runner.  Lots of power.  The GP has been a powerful engine also, but I have heard of more troubles with it.  I know of at least 4 DLE120's at our field and all of them are awesome.
I too have seen how the DLE 120 runs. Man, talk about a sweet running motor. 

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Knife Edge said
Cool...DLE 120 it is then. Thanks guys!
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
ericb said

I've personaly seen 5 gp 123's run flawlessly for the last year in my area. None of them had any of the problems others were having. Myself personaly I think some of it was tuning. Just my two cents. Not one person up here that I know has even thought about a dle 120. Everyone has their personal preference. One of the 123's has over 150 flights on it 

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Bhughes said
ericb said

I've personaly seen 5 gp 123's run flawlessly for the last year in my area. None of them had any of the problems others were having. Myself personaly I think some of it was tuning. Just my two cents. Not one person up here that I know has even thought about a dle 120. Everyone has their personal preference. One of the 123's has over 150 flights on it 
Sweet.... good to hear that. I'd like to know there are more options available when the PAU 300 finds it's way to my house.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Bhughes said
ericb said

That is great to hear.  I have a GP61 and love it.  It is a powerhouse.  I kind of suspect the same thing about the tuning.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
I have a GP123 on RE2 pipes on a Pilot 330SC. The motor seems to be a quality piece, runs great, and it has more power than any combo I have ever seen. I mean this thing is retard strong. It snatches the 107" Extra around like a crack yak on 3S. A 29x9W Falcon is not even close to enough prop.

The only gripe I have is it seems very finicky to start when its warm. You have to be very careful not to flood it. Once you figure it out, its not bad.