• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 123 or DLE 120

Y

siko_flyer said
My GP123 is a little over a year old now,no issues.
You gotta fly it first to find any issues. 
icon_wink.gif

jaybird said
I have a GP123 on RE2 pipes on a Pilot 330SC. The motor seems to be a quality piece, runs great, and it has more power than any combo I have ever seen. I mean this thing is retard strong. It snatches the 107" Extra around like a crack yak on 3S. A 29x9W Falcon is not even close to enough prop.

The only gripe I have is it seems very finicky to start when its warm. You have to be very careful not to flood it. Once you figure it out, its not bad.
My EME 120 has to warm up a little before it will transition.  It is a honker!  Never thought I would like a Chinese engine, but I like this one.  But I'm just waiting for it to grenade!

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
ericb said
From what I have seen at our field, I would go DLE120.  Very solid engine and a great runner.  Lots of power.  The GP has been a powerful engine also, but I have heard of more troubles with it.  I know of at least 4 DLE120's at our field and all of them are awesome.

The original v1 123 had fueling issues, but that has been fixed. We sent everyone with a v1 a v2 free of charge. The v2 has been great 90% in for repair since then have just been crash related repairs with almost all of the rest being tuning or baffling issues and only one or two that were defects like a bad bearing. 

jaybird

70cc twin V2
For anyone having starting issues or an erratic midrange with their 123, Try changing the hall sensor. Mine popped back and cut my finger at Huck-O-Ween. After I borrowed a glove and got it cranked it was missing real bad in the midrange and wouldn't clean up. Got a new hall sensor from Wrong Way, and the thing starts so much better and my midrange cleaned up better than it ever was. Seems like it was either firing early or at random times as the old one was going out. Seems like the tiny little 26AWG wires that RCXcel started using on the hall sensors are not cool with the vibration and start breaking at the pins.

Last edited:

Hazmat1

30cc
The GP has way more umph than the DLE 120. I've seen both engines in the air and the GP does rock. The GP takes a while to break in as the cylinders have a great coating. Once they break in, they are an animal.
I have one sitting here waiting on a new air-frame. Just haven't found a plane for it yet.