• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel tank idea

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Vent 1 tank to the pick up of the other. Cap off 1 fill line on 1 tank, and have only 1 over flow.
I agree with this way of doing it. I know you are saying that it works but it should not. As soon as you get enough air in one of the lines so that the suction is not equal in both lines then you will only suck from the line with air becaus it has the lowered restriction. Just my humble opinion.

Here is a pic of my MX2 fuel system set up. Its an actual header tank system.

Carb line ones from the small tank pick up line. Vent from the small tank goes to the pick up line of the larger tank. Vent is the actual overflow line. Pinched off 1 filler line, and the other one is the active fuel filler.

Attachments

• 20160423_212622.jpg
    20160423_212622.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 324

Stickman

30cc
Ok I flew it today and it worked perfect. But I decided to log on to tail dragger and order KIWA bottle kit for Fuji water bottle. And save my two tanks for a 50cc plane. Like I will ever fly a 50cc again it ant going to happen. When I get it hooked up I will send pics.

Stickman

30cc
And the Kiwa bottle kit cost 28.00 dollars and that is 3.00 shipping. How do they get off charging so much for them?

thurmma

150cc
The main key to the dual tank setup is making sure the lines off the T-fittings to the tanks are the same size and length. I run dual 32oz tanks on my Edge with a DLE 170 and it works great. I would go to a single 50oz tank but, that dle drinks gas for some reason and I would hate to run out of gas during the 2nd sequence of Intermediate class :) My GP-176EVO on pipes in the 330LX, I currently have a single 50oz tank and usually land after 2 sequences with about 1/3 tank left, which is a nice comfort level for me.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@Jetpainter would you be kind enough to make sketch, do not understand the balance tube between the two tanks. Thanks.
Look at the first picture in the thread and you will see that the fittings in the left side of the tanks loop together. Not strictly necessary, but since the fittings were already in the tanks he just connected them. That way the vacuum in each tank will be equal and should help in equal draw from each tank.