• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel tank idea

Stickman

30cc
I just finished my Laser. To get it finished I had small fuel tanks. You know a 50cc size tank but I am running a DA 100. I have another DA 100 in a Aeroworks plane and it is a gas hog. So I just put two 50cc size tanks side by side. After looking at it and now flying it I thank I am no to something. That video of the fuel tank in the 3D plane stuck in my head. I have two clogs picking fuel two in to one then to the tank. Two vents two in to one these tanks also have filler so I just connected with a line to equalize the presser of the two tanks. When I flew the plane both tanks empty the same amount it worked good. But thank about it two fuel lines drawing fuel I have herd two is better than one. Yes a little more money but piece of mind.
20160421_211716.jpg
20160421_211716.jpg
20160421_211937.jpg

Attachments

• 20160421_211933.jpg
    20160421_211933.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 338

JAG

70cc twin V2
Doesn't the vent need to be open to atmosphere. It needs to be able to draw air from somewhere doesn't it?

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah it was late, now I see it. Are those pretty good tanks? Been looking at those and PAU tanks.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i think that if one tank goes low before the other then it's going to let air into the system, kinda like what @TazmanianDevil showed in his video with two clunks. if you can avoid having one tank lower than the other than maybe it will work ok?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You can make one tank the main and have the other one feed it, but then you can get lateral balance issues. You can also have the two tanks feed a header tank. That's how we did ducted fans and turbines in the past, but the more things you add the more failure points you have. A single tank is still the best way to go to keep it simple, but there are times when you don't have a choice.

Last edited:

Stickman

30cc
It works good both tanks empty the same amount.The reason is two in to one the T keep them both draining the same. I will fly again and take a pic.