• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Frank Tiano, Candidate for AMA President

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That was more of what I was looking for. Specifics of things to change. Not sure I completely understand the insurance for vendors and if claims are made how that affects my dues. But everything else is good. And I'm not a FT fan, but may still write him in

I'm not a FT fan either but agree on writing him in.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Make sure to read up on ALL the candidates and not just support the one that has a front page thread on him and you may recognize his name. I'm hearing there will be more info coming out soon (I hope) on the other candidates and their stance with regards to drones, aircraft and the future of the AMA.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
issues with the candidates being part of the nominating committee are disappointing. organizations like AMA should try to avoid losing their credibility by letting things like that happen.

potential candidates were voting in the nominating process for/against themselves and other potential candidates (like Frank).

we'll see what the others have to say but so far the process isn't providing a lot of confidance

Last edited:

Judge

70cc twin V2
All I know is whomever you vote for make sure it is not my do-nothing District X VP Lawrence Tougas, who surprise, surprise, was on the nominating committee and is himself a candidate!!

To review, he had 3 main campaign promises:

1) Establish a District X flying site. He refused to believe that we had "BTDT" and made is part of his platform. Guess what? Still nothing there!!

2) All new and improved District Website. Sure, it looks different but most do not know it exists and it is largely worthless as well.

3) Work to save flying sites. I have personal knowledge of his "involvement" with at least one flying site situation in Los Angeles and let's just say his interest and efforts were underwhelming.

So I can safely say he does NOT have my vote.

Frank is worthy of consideration, no question. But write in candidates rarely do well. I fear that people who might vote for the other candidate might vote for Frank and thus we end up with Mr. Tougas thanks to a split vote.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
I have know Frank and we have done business together for a number of years. Frank can be a little rough around the edges but I believe that's what the AMA needs. We know Frank can get things done and done well. I hope he can get the support of the membership and board to back him.

Frank you have my vote and support, let me know what we can do to help.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have know Frank and we have done business together for a number of years. Frank can be a little rough around the edges but I believe that's what the AMA needs. We know Frank can get things done and done well. I hope he can get the support of the membership and board to back him.

Frank you have my vote and support, let me know what we can do to help.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
What he need's is a thorough reaching of the masses and the modeling magazine would not do it. Somehow he need's to generate emails to the AMA members, or something of the like. Of course all the r/c related businesses could aid by way of sponsorship of ad's on their website's.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Uh Ohhh, @Bartman, did GSN get hit by the polical's? The Frank sticky on the featured thread page is gone.

Last edited: