• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Frank Tiano, Candidate for AMA President

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Rich Hanson might be the nicest guy in the world but every time I've met him he seemed very "low energy", which I guess is a thing these days. :)
I've never meet him Bart, have no desire to, after listening to him spew :dancing-poop:. Those comments alienated the majority of membership, come on the vote itself from EC, was a tie vote, with brown breaking the tie. Hell that's not even a majority of the EC for drones, now it gets real :dancing-poop:'ty when you find out that 2 on the EC that supported throwing us under the bus, are actually making $$ off the drone industry, talk about DIRTY pool. Sadly it gets even more STUPID, now with elections for ama pres., and to find out that 2 of the 3 running were actually on the nominating committee, is rather disappointing, and truly shows it's a good ol boys club, entrenched they are, and probably will remain that way. THey will continue to do as they please, and not what membership wants. We need an ama pres. who will support the majority of membership, not a pres. who will backdoor us. I'm not sure who that is, right now MR. Frank is only one I'd vote for. I can't support tougas, after finding out he was on the nominating committee.

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
During all the dribble and mutual back slapping they were not bragging about how many of those that raced or managed the event were AMA members. Did we, the dues paying AMA members pay for his travel and living expense to bond with his new fan base???????

I would have to think he will continue with the plan he and President Brown have set in motion and the EC will have to be changed to turn the tide and neutralize them.

Last edited:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
During all the dribble and mutual back slapping they were not bragging about how many of those that raced were AMA members.
RJ don't hold me to this, but I think they all are ama members, if multi gp was a sig of ama at the time of this, then they would all have to be members to participate. There is actually 2 drone sig's in ama now

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've never meet him Bart, have no desire to, after listening to him spew :dancing-poop:. Those comments alienated the majority of membership, come on the vote itself from EC, was a tie vote, with brown breaking the tie. Hell that's not even a majority of the EC for drones, now it gets real :dancing-poop:'ty when you find out that 2 on the EC that supported throwing us under the bus, are actually making $$ off the drone industry, talk about DIRTY pool. Sadly it gets even more STUPID, now with elections for ama pres., and to find out that 2 of the 3 running were actually on the nominating committee, is rather disappointing, and truly shows it's a good ol boys club, entrenched they are, and probably will remain that way. THey will continue to do as they please, and not what membership wants. We need an ama pres. who will support the majority of membership, not a pres. who will backdoor us. I'm not sure who that is, right now MR. Frank is only one I'd vote for. I can't support tougas, after finding out he was on the nominating committee.

i don't doubt anything that you're saying. maybe it's time to buy foamies, quit the AMA, and go back to flying at the park and behind the school.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Rich Hanson might be the nicest guy in the world but every time I've met him he seemed very "low energy", which I guess is a thing these days. :)

Rich has a very even temperament. He does not get wound up easily and always acts in a very considered manner. I served under him as an AVP for several years and was always impressed with his ability to see things from a variety of viewpoints.

One important point for people to keep in mind is that when Rich talks about including drones in the AMA he means having them operate in strict accordance with the AMA Safety Code and Documents 550 and 560. He is NOT condoning or encouraging the wild west renegade flying that has caused us problems. The position Rich has is it is better to try to educate and control them than it is to simply exclude them.

FWIW, there are now two FPV racing groups that are AMA Special Interest Groups (SIGS). Just like IMAC, NSRCA, etc. ALL SIGs are required to have all their members be AMA members AND abide by the Safety Code. Personally I can see the attraction of FPV racing and it is clearly not something that is going to cause us issues.

I would encourage people to stop having a knee-jerk "drones bad" reaction and look at what Rich is trying to do. He wants hobby drone operators to follow our rules, abide by the Safety Code and stop doing stupid crap. Isn't that what we all want??

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
i don't doubt anything that you're saying. maybe it's time to buy foamies, quit the AMA, and go back to flying at the park and behind the school.
No it's time to get these lying POS's out,as I mentioned before, we need someone to support the majority of membership. I'm not quitting, I love this sport, and the people in it. I'll continue to be a ama member, and fight at a club level. This crap could have played out much differently, if ama would have actually supported the majority of membership, but no they took the unethical way, and gave membership the ol Buck OFF.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Guys please don't take my post as anti-drone. I'm not, I'm more anti-BS. If the vote had of been an ethical/honest vote of the majority, then ama would still have my total support, no matter the out come of the vote, but that's not how it went down. This isn't very ethical how the are running this election either. Honestly if the vote had been an ethical vote, we wouldn't be having this conversation.