• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
I flew my Edge with the same motor on a 16x8 until I had a malfunction and crashed it. Have you tried the 16x8 yet? I've got the same motor on my 64" MXS, and I might prop down to the 16x7 if there isn't any big difference.

hone

150cc
Yeah, i'm pretty satisfied with a 16x7. Actually, i've been running a 15x8 lately on my MXS and i like it. I may eventually get a 16'' prop again.

Flew the Edge several times this morning. Had the esc plug come out of the throttle port on the receiver during a snap. Was in a position to land so no harm done. Fortunately my receiver/servo power comes from elsewhere...

Any techniques for securing the plugs in the receiver?

dd

AR7000. Full disclosure is that the way I had it set up, under high g, the esc wire did have pressure on it to pull out. It has got me a little spooked though. For now, I wrapped a piece of velcro around it putting pressure on all the esc/servo wires.

dd

hone

150cc
I'll have to double check my setup. I might have a servo lead or 2 that is a snap away from coming out.

Another morning spent supporting EF!

Several of us routinely meet up at a club in Oviedo, FL (NE side of Orlando) for 3D. Here are a couple pictures from this morning. 3 of the planes belong to Scott and his sons Ryan and Matt (pictured), one is Luv3d's, and one is mine. Fantastic support group! Between us we can usually get our problems solved.

Yes, that is water in the background. We have run some informal tests, and have found that both a 48" and 60" EF airframe will float for at least 1.5 hours.

dd

View attachment 1352 View attachment 1353