• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

hone

150cc
VERY nice pics! I wish i had some buddies to fly with. Maybe i'll have to join a club around here. I just hope there are a few 3d dudes like me.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Getting ready to fly this morning - beautiful day blue sky zero wind....you just cant get better than this

Same conditions here in Aberdeen, beautiful blue sky, hardly a breath of wind. I got 11 flights in, that's all the batteries I had. I managed not to crash anything and in the good conditions I was even pulled off some half decent hovers and some KE 'death slides' down to just a few ft off the ground. No clipping wing-tips yet, I'm not that good, but more than low enough for ooh's and ahh's from my flying buddy.

Good stuff Steve, It's a shame days like this are few and far between.....weather in the UK has been crazy this year....hopefully we get a good crisp winter with lots of blue and little wind....here's hoping :)

hone

150cc
The props i was hoping would come yesterday did not show up. So no flying for me this weekend. Sucks because it is beautiful out and very low wind. At least living in California i don't have to worry about the weather going bad any second like Space Bat :) I wish props weren't so expensive, i can never get myself to make a $100+ order of props and that is only 10 props and i get different sizes so i only end up getting like 1 or 2 of each size.

That sucks Hone1er......

I prefer to fly with Xoar's and though more expensive - I do have spares...but need to stock up...I simply only have a few spares as you due to cost....but what I do is get APC's which are cheaper - as a fall back so if I do lose a couple Xoar's I can keep flying on the much cheaper APC's until I can restock the Xoar's which I have to order rather than being able to shoot under 10 miles up the road to pick up APC's

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Good stuff Steve, It's a shame days like this are few and far between.....weather in the UK has been crazy this year....hopefully we get a good crisp winter with lots of blue and little wind....here's hoping :)

Clear blue skies here again today but rather windy. I got six flights in on my Laser and AJ Slick but the conditions weren't conducive to pushing the envelope, so I just drilled some holes in the sky. I'd have got more flights in but I had to help my flying buddy recover his PZ Corsair from the top of a tree that jumped up and grabbed his plane:rolleyes:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the nice crisp calm winter days too...

hone

150cc
Yeah, I prefer Xoar over APC too. My LHS doesn't carry props bigger than 14x7 so they're no help for my 60'' Planes. On my next order i'm going to throw in a few APCs for back up. I could have used them this weekend, i don't know why i never thought of that before ahaha

ryan_m

100cc
Does anybody have any info on when the next container of planes is due at EF? Have a few friends interested in a green 64" MXS... I gave out some pony rides on mine today :)

hone

150cc
The green MXS is supposed to be here anytime now. I have no official info but i'm sure it shouldn't be long at all, i wouldn't be surprised if they're on the water already.