• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

do you happen to remember how many amps the sunnysky pulls? just want to make sure the airboss will handle it as i want 6v going to the 5065's

gyro

GSN Contributor
do you happen to remember how many amps the sunnysky pulls? just want to make sure the airboss will handle it as i want 6v going to the 5065's

I believe on 4s, with the 14x7, it was in the 850w range. I believe based on that, the airboss will not be sufficient. I'd recommend the ZTW for the sunnysky, and the airboss for the Omega, as I remember the Omega to run a little less amperage.

I have the Sunnysky 800kv in my MXS and I have proped down to a APC 13x6.5. I tried a Xoar 14x7 and the 13x6.5" was actually nicer. I had one of the sponsored pilots fly it on both props and he told me the smaller APC was better as well. I just finally got to liking my MXS after adjusting my rates. I have the over 80 degree elevator deflection setup and I have found for most of my tumbles I need a 80% mid rate to suit my flying style.

I actually got the motor because of how much Gyro was raving about it and I happened to be making a EPbuddy order at the time. They have been out of them for a while now.

i wish they would restock their sunnysky stuff i would like to run their stuff on my fpv quadrotor as well. Mounted the sunnysky up to the laser tonight and will be running the 13x6.5apc on it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
i wish they would restock their sunnysky stuff i would like to run their stuff on my fpv quadrotor as well. Mounted the sunnysky up to the laser tonight and will be running the 13x6.5apc on it.

I think you'll be really happy with that prop. the motor will run very cool, and the bearings should last longer too.

hone

150cc
If you guys haven't seen Daniel Holman's video of the new MXS i suggest you look it up. It is amazing!

gyro

GSN Contributor
That vid WAS incredible, and it makes me want to get the v2 Torque motor... (Which wasn't announced when I put my current power system together)

Btw, somebody needs to PM Daniel, Jase, and the rest of the EF crew, and tell them we're here! :)

SnowDog

That vid WAS incredible, and it makes me want to get the v2 Torque motor... (Which wasn't announced when I put my current power system together)

Btw, somebody needs to PM Daniel, Jase, and the rest of the EF crew, and tell them we're here! :)

that's what I was just thinking! let's get that video posted here and get them on board!