• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Got in 4 flights this morning before work with my beloved 60" Laser and remembered something we used to fly back before 3D, "square loops". Wow with 80º elevator the Laser really pulls this off very nice. Nice sharp corners.

Holy crap and did I ever figure out how to lock in KE spins with the Laser today too. Just go vertical and push it over with elevator and nothing else at first. Using my highest rate it flips right over and immediately begins to growl at you flipping like there was a rod through the wing. A bump of rudder and it will lay over in the traditional KE spin. Reminded me of the Bone Doc video where he was talking about what it looked like if you don't give enough rudder. To his surprise the KE spin was better than the others he was showing and filled in nicely by saying "the Slick is so good it just does the KE spin anyway" Well "The Laser Is That Good Too", just push it over and prepare to be complimented on your flying.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

I figured out today that funnel hovers are easier with a 16x7 and 15x8 prop. Rather than a 16x8.

I learned the easiest way to lock in KE spin every time. From vertical push over with elevator like Ohio was describing. When I push over ill do a half roll then into KE spin. Adding more rudder as I go down

quadracer

100cc
Back on the 12S discussion, if anyone wants a Motrolfly 4330 204kv and ESC, I'm gonna sell my 12s power system to fund a 60cc Yak.

quadracer

100cc
I wasn't when it first made a showing, but it's grown on me since then. And it's something different than Slick, Extra, or Edge. I've not flown a Yak other than foam, so... :)