• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Extreme Flight Aircraft power systems discussion

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
What tx are you flying with? My Hitec Aurora 9 has voltage telemetry built in. The new 9x is not expensive by pro level tx standards. I believe the newer spektrum tx's ha e it built in as well. Maybe it is time for a radio upgrade. Depending on what you use now you could maybe sell it to help fund a new one.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I forgot to mention that I also parallel charge, but after I've established a baseline on my usage.
I also use the spektrum tm1000 telemetry system for real time flight pack voltage, and have an alarm setup for a low voltage point where I'll land.

I use the ZTW pretty much exclusively, all with the LVC disabled; a new pack is cheaper than a new plane.

snowman

New to GSN!
You are way ahead of me using the telemetry as well. I just couldn't see relying on a timer alone. I was thinking of those little lipo voltage monitors that just beep when you hit the threshold. I have had a DX8 since they first came out when I was on glow. I left the TM1000 in the box as I really didn't think I needed to go through the hassle just to monitor my receiver pack. The confession is...I forgot I had it. I get smarter just talking to you guys! Now if they would just get the $55 per unit cost down. I think I will still be shopping for a cheaper alternative for the rest of my airplanes though. I will be installing the TM1000 in the 48" Extra and whatever ESC I get, the LVC will be shut off. Thanks again guys, take care.