• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Extreme Flight Aircraft power systems discussion

gyro

GSN Contributor
For all those kv x watts = props conversations.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
OK, here's what I'm going for with my Laser EXP 48":

Motrolfly 2820/750kv.
ZTW 70A ESC.
Probably an APC-E 13x6.5 or Xoar 14x6.

Should be awesome...

on my 48" edge i run
motorfly 2820/950
ztw 70 amp
and a apc 14x7
i fly it on 3 cell very fun
i also have same setup in my sebart katana and sukhoi

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I'm running the flowing on my 48" EXP's:

Edge EXP
Motrolfly DM3615 750kv
ZTW 85A
Gens Ace 4s, 30c, 2200mAh
Xoar 14x7

Laser EXP:
Motrolfly DM2820 - 750KV
ZTW 70A
Gens Ace 4s, 30c, 2200mAh
Xoar 13x7

They are both great set-ups. The DM3615 is overkill but works great in the Edge.

I'm getting one of the 60 inch extreme flight electrics soon and plan o. Running their power combo on six cell but I use ec3 connectors on all my other setups. Anyone using ec3s on this power combo or should I move up to ec5?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm getting one of the 60 inch extreme flight electrics soon and plan o. Running their power combo on six cell but I use ec3 connectors on all my other setups. Anyone using ec3s on this power combo or should I move up to ec5?

I like the comfort of the EC5 for burst amperage that may exceed the EC3 limit.... so IMO, yes.

I know you are right. Just hate dealing with different size connectors for charging. I'll get some ec5 connectors and sleep better at night knowing I'm not pushing the limits. I melted some ec3 connectors on a hexacopter once!
Kt

gyro

GSN Contributor
I know you are right. Just hate dealing with different size connectors for charging. I'll get some ec5 connectors and sleep better at night knowing I'm not pushing the limits. I melted some ec3 connectors on a hexacopter once!
Kt

Not sure which charger you use, but I have a dual ported Hyperion 615. I have batteries with deans, xt-60, and EC5. I just change the cables depending on what I'm charging. The cables are pretty inexpensive here: http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_11&zenid=ct1or7ku1g9g4amvfcosesop02

Not sure which charger you use, but I have a dual ported Hyperion 615. I have batteries with deans, xt-60, and EC5. I just change the cables depending on what I'm charging. The cables are pretty inexpensive here: http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_11&zenid=ct1or7ku1g9g4amvfcosesop02

thanks for the link. i may just buy another paraboard with build in ec5. i'm going to probably get about four batteries for the 60 inch so that will probably work out just fine.

snowman

New to GSN!
Hi guys, first post here. I would like to tap your collective brains to guide me on a power setup. I am looking for the optimum 3s power setup for one of the 48" 3 lb birds that are out there. My issue/problem is that all of my 3s packs are nanos 3300s (yea, I know) but I have a dozen of them and they fly all of my airplanes on them. The batteries are 10.5 oz or 300g so the issue is that they are heavier than what most of you are using. It looks like I might need some advice on an airframe as well to perform with a little extra weight. I don't need all out 3D performance but I am looking for an all round optimal package on a larger 3s pack. Thanks for reading.